Not believed or not aware

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aberlaine, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

I live with my partner of six years. He "knows" I have fibromyalgia - can even say the name without stumbling anymore. What he doesn't get is how it feels. Even though I explain to him about my pain - muscles, joints, etc. - he starts ignoring those facts almost immediately. He has to wear a hearing aid and most of the time doesn't put it in. Without it he can't hear how many times I groan during the day. He just sympathizes and tells me he's stiff, too, when he gets up and his legs hurt, too, when he walks.

I'm sure he thinks I complain too much. I want him to wear his hearing aid in case I fall and hurt myself. He wouldn't hear me calling him without it. I almost think I have to start living as though I were alone.

The Spoon Theory is a great story for our lack of energy, but I can't think of anything to tell him that would make him understand how much I hurt.
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

I just watched some great videos on you tube. recommend the one from a hummingbirdsguuide click on symptoms list.
    he will have to put in hearing aid tho!