not coping

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chloeuk, Nov 5, 2006.

1. chloeuk

chloeuk New Member

I am feeling quite desperate today, my pain is very bad and even though I went to dr to get codeine for the pain it hasnt helped at all...my arms are so heavy, feel like I have rocks attached to them and my hands are so stiff...the pain is overwhelming me...it makes me feel so scared to be in this amount of pain..I am thinking..when will this stop, I cant live like this. My meds for depression kicked in about 2 weeks ago and now this..I feel like I am fighting a losing battle with my health and I know there is no-one that can help me..how the hell do people live with this for years...I have spent 1 year being ill and I cant cope...I know people have flares and feel that I am in one at the moment, but I have hardly had a few days together that I felt able to be part of a normal life...when will this end?
  2. mindbender

mindbender New Member

chloe from the UK, There's not a damn thing you can do about it.

Except reasearch pain meds here. Get Drs that will work with you.

This can take alot of time. Get what you can and do what you have to.

Do you have Fibromyalgia? If you do take a short cut and check out Hayleycoles, or nanjees threads on myrapex.

I'm on Lyrica, if not Myrapex at least this. Nothing else seems to work.

Dan
  3. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I am so sorry you are having such a hard time. I am sorry that you are in so much pain. What is your doctor's take on the pain situation? Is it fibromyalgia/CFS or do you also have other health problems? My pain does not compare to what some of you have, I am sure. I do have terrible fatique and it has escalated in the last year. So, I too have been at my sickest ever in the past year. It is depressing at times, my kids keep me going.

You have people here that care about you. I will say a prayer for you. I hope you get some relief very soon. I hope your doctor will give you the help you need. If not, you may want to try some other doctors. It took me a long time before I found someone who would really listen. Be good to yourself, you are not alone. Kim :)
  4. sammyjj

sammyjj New Member

Gee, I am sorry to hear about all your pain. I have been coping for15 years. The best way is to get the Right Dr. I am on Oxycodone 10mg every 12 hrs. It is the Extended Release. Also take Vicodin 5/500 at night to get some sleep. I DO know how you feel!!!!!!!!!!! I give up just about2 times a day but I always manage to get thru..... The only thing I can really cling to is my Faith.. Sometimes even that is a real effort!! I am 60 years old and have Diabetes, Heart vein closing and of course FIBRO!!!!!!!! Hugs to you!!!!!! Do what you can and get SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD DRS. Find a place you can you can talk about your fellings,,,We all pull TOGTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Jay Kordich "The Juiceman" and Jack LaLanne http://www.mypowerjuicer.com/powerjuicer_aboutjack.html both attribute their lives turning around by juicing vegetables and fruits.
    I have CFS caused by EBV and CMV. My mom has Fibromyalgia (very painful and lots of depression) she just discovered that she has Epstein-Barr virus and is treating it. Both of our depression is lessening. Her fibromyalgia is retreating. We are treating with Transfer Factors, Olive Leaf extract, ALA and 2-3g of Vitamin C.
    I just started juicing and in two days am feeling better.