Not doing good today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I woke up to sore arms and fingers and my neck and shoulders feel worser than normal and also the thing that is hurting me the most is breathing in, my chest hurts so bad...I just want to die I hurt so much today and I have nothing to take. Ann
  2. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Ann:

Sorry you are having a bad day. When you said you have nothing to take, did you mean pain meds? Can you take advil? I know that it probably would not do much, but it could make it a bit better. I have to take the max dose every day (2400 mg) or 12 of the 200mg pills.

Does anything else help you? Hot bath? Hot shower? Do you have access to a jacuzzi? Wish I could help.

Do you have condrochondritis? Does it hurt where your sternum (breastbone) is? Or do you have an infection? If you have an infection, or even think you do, you might want to see your doctor.

Hoping your pain level decreases, and soon.

Ingrid

3. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

First of all what a beautiful picture you. I have not been dx with condrochondritis as of yet but I am very certain I have it as I always have the pain there which is where my breast bone is, and the pain is also in the back area to in the same place.

I have migraine advil and I have been taking that because of my headache. No I do not have a chest infection so I am leaning towards it being condrochondritis. Thanks you for the well wishes.

Bluesky555,
    yes I have been heating my shoulders and neck pretty much the whole day and I still feel aweful.

Nancy,
    Yes I have Ibuprofen my Dr rx 600 ml for me, I have been taking my advil but I think I will switch over to it later on. Thank You all for your well wishes and suggestions.

Ann
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

So sorry that you are having such a bad day. I hope some of the suggestions you have gotten are working.
    Do you have any of the pain patches or the pain rubs? They can sometimes help temporarily.
    I'm a little unclear about your Ibuprofen/Advil remark. You know they are the same drug, right? I just wouldn't want you to take too much. Also, you can buy Tylenol#1 OTC by asking at any pharmacy. You can also get the generic. It's only 8mg of codiene per pill but it might help if you take 2 or 3.

Feel better
    Kathy.
  5. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Ann:

How sweet of you to write such a nice comment. My 7 year old daughter is the focus of my life, and she has been such a blessing in my life.

Hope that you are doing better by now, but if not hope you can try all the other suggestions. Heat, rest, etc.

Sounds like you have condrochondritis...but I did not know that it could bother you in the back as well. I wonder if you have pluerisy...which is fluid (or air I think) trapped where it should not be. Just a thought.

I also hope that you are clear about ibuphropen, motrin and advil being the same thing. I know that some doctors rx a larger dose of motrin (800mg), but it is the same as taking 4 200 mg pills. The MAX dose per day for this drug is 2400mg...and taking that much for a long time can really damage your liver. I have to add 2 650mg extended release tylenol to my daily dose of pain/anti inflammatory meds.

Hope you are doing better.

Take care,

Ingrid
  6. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

nothing is working yet, no I had no idea that avil/ibuprofen were the same..thank you for clearing that up for me.

as for tylenol with codiene...well I am extremely allergic to that as well as caffenine again thank you for the suggestion.

And I do not have any pain patches or pain rubs all I have
    is a heating pad and my advil. I hope I can see my Dr tomorrow.

Ingrid, the pain in the back is gone now but it is just the pain in the breast bone area.

Nancy, thank you for the information on chest pain and Fibro.

Ann
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i woke up this morning and couldn't breath hardly at all the thoraic area was flared up...i had to sit up in bed and stretch..oh well...degenerative disc disease...

jodie