Not doing good

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cczub, Sep 21, 2006.

1. cczub

cczub New Member

Since starting on Tradozone for sleep close to 5 weeks ago I've gotten much better sleep. However, if I don't get at least 10 hours of sleep I run out of energy by lunch.

I've also have noticed my "good" days are slightly better but my "bad" days are significantly worse. I don't get it.

I've also been noticing the pain "moving around" more. Some days it's in my legs others it's in my arms.
  2. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I know how you feel. It seems so hard to figure out what causes what w this dd!
    The good quality sleep is so important, I know Traz is the only thing that helps me w that.

Hang in there, hugs to you.....Hermit
  3. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Sorry to hear you're not doing well. Did you ever actually get anything for pain or just the traz for bedtime? I hate to hear you're feeling worse, I know that means you haven't found any fishing time.

Hugz,
    Tona
  4. cczub

cczub New Member

I actually did go out once 2 weeks ago to fish. I only lasted half the normal amount of time(I used to spend 8 hours on the beach). It was nice to sit on the beach again especailly with the nice weather but it hurt..

I have no pain medications and that's something I'm talking with my doctor about next week. Like I said, the good days are better but on the flip side the bad days are worse. I'm still around 2 good days a week.

The sleep has been MUCH better with the Tradozone. I'm now sleeping until 5am before having to use the bathroom. Before I was lucky if I slept until midnight.

Antother thing I've found that has gotten worse is the brain fog. I'm getting more "hing up" when I try to have conversations, can't find the correct words to use and my typing has gone to hell..

I guess it's a progression. In the past 3 months I've seen a change for the worse with my symptoms. I'm hoping I can get them back under control a little.

Sorry for such a long post.. Just trying to get it all out there so you have a full picture.
  5. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I've never been on trazadone so don't know squat about it but wondering if maybe it adds to the fog?? BUT if you're finally getting some good sleep then jeez you've got to take the good with the bad I guess. I take topamax at bedtime for my leg pain and it helps me sleep but in the daytime I take lortab 10/500. You need to stress to your doctor that you need something for pain too, you can't keep going this way with working and trying to get your house under control.... WAY TOO MUCH !!!

Is your wife supportive of you needing help with some medicines? If so then by all means take her with you to your appt next week. She could tell the doctor what you go through.... just an idea.

I'll keep checking back to see how you're doing Chris,
    Hugz,
    Tona
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

cczub:

I hope you start sleeping better and feeling better real soon.

I know what you mean by the pain 'moving around'. I have been having much of that lately.

Still on the mend from a fall, I was hit with a double whammy--the injuries sustained and good ole Fibromyalgia.

I tried Trazadone a number of years ago for sleep and it worked quite well. That was with a different doc I had (and gratefully left).

Since, I have been on Ambien and now a recent change to Restoril 30mg. This seems to be working well.

Feel better soon!

nyrofan
  7. curiousg

curiousg New Member

Tonakay posted -----> I take topamax at bedtime for my leg pain and it helps me sleep but in the daytime I take lortab 10/500. You need to stress to your doctor that you need something for pain too, you can't keep going this way with working and trying to get your house under control.... WAY TOO MUCH !!!
    ---------------
    Hi - I'm new here. I'm just curious about the topamax. Isn't that an anti-convulsant medication? I was prescribed it once and took 1/2 tablet and thought I was going to die from a heart attack. My doctor said its much like speed. I was just wondering how that helps with the pain and lets you sleep? Thanks.
  8. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I take a low dose of 100 mg. It's in the same class as neurontin and lyrica only doesn't cause weight gain plus knocked out my migraines.... don't have a clue how anyone would feel like they were on speed, I guess everyone is different.

Hugz,
    tona
  9. cczub

cczub New Member

I got 8 hour of sleep last night and feel like crap today. I know I need at least 10 hours of sleep to fell ok in the morning. It's hard to get 10 hours of sleep unless I go to bed at 7-8pm which is usually impossible. It's had to bring my wife to my appointments since she works too and has to pick up our son from school in the afternoon.

I'm going to talk to the doctor about pain meds. I need something I can take during the day at work that won't knock me out and will allow me to function still. I don't know what that is but I need to discuss that with him.

I was doing water therapy and that killed me. I had to stop after 3 weeks. I was going Monday and Wednesday. The doctor wanted it on Friday too but that would have killed me. Usually the night of the therapy would bad and the same with the day after. I would start feeling better by the 2nd day but would be back in therapy that day and start over again... Between all of that the only days I'd be a little better was Saturday and Sunday. ANd if I had to do stuff on Saturday(which I almost always have to) I'd have to use Sudday to relax so I could start a new week at work..

We're also supposed to talk about "alternative" therapies like meditaion and yoga to help with the stress. He also recommended we talk about a phychologist to help with dealing with stress too... I'm willing to try anything, I just don't know how to fit it all in... I already feel overwhelmed working a full time job and dealing with stuff at home. How am I going to fit more stuff in??

Thanks for all the feedback and support. I take everything you all say to heart and and always open to suggestions.