Not doing well

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angelstapleton, Sep 13, 2006.

1. angelstapleton

angelstapleton New Member

I had a very ruff 3 days .
    I go to bed try to sleep, wake up get on the couch for 3 hour go back to bed . Wake up in 2 hours . My whole body hurts.I take the pain meds but some time it just don't seem to work. I'm starting to get really mad about having Fibro. I have only had it for 5 monthes and it just crazy.I feel really bad for all of you that havw suffered so long.
    I finally desided not to let it get to me and try so hard to think there is others worse then me.
    I gess I just need to vent. I sure hope I get some good sleep soon.
    Thanks for letting me vent.
    Bless all Angel
  2. mrpain

mrpain New Member

You just described a typical night for me also. I go from bed to recliner every 2 to 3 hours just to try to get some sleep. Then I wake up exhausted. Sorry your going thru this as I have been doing this for almost 3 decades... Take care!
  3. DoveL

DoveL Member

Hugs to you..Angel!!

I am sorry you are not doing so well. Right now I am in a flare myself. I am 38 years old, I have CFS/and FIBRO for 6yrs, and understand the struggles. Just know that this illnes 'cycles', meaning it has ups and downs, of good days, or months, and bad days or months. One VERY important thing I have found in this illnes is SLEEP!! If you need to, try and get a doc.OR psychatrist to perscribe you a sleeping pill. I used to take one RESTORIL(this is a sleeping pill) and One xanax before bedtime. Once I started getting a 'good nights sleep', my health improved alot. I know there are various sleeping pills on the market; I found Restoril worked best for me.

Now I just take one xanax 1 hour before bedtime, and it helps me soo much. It relaxes my muscles, and makes me drowsie. 90% of the time, I get a good nights sleep (anywhere from 7-10 hours a night, straight thru). Also, IF you are able, try and take small walks, or do lots of stretching during the day, it may help your sleep and pain in the long run. Getting a massage for fibro (myofasical massage), also helps me (my insurance covers it)

Hope these tips help. Just sharing what has worked for me; unfortunately, it took a long time for me to 'get it all together, to see what helps'.

Hang in there! Feel better soon

'hugs'
    DOVE

Just letting you in on some tips that helped me!
  4. Bren2135

Bren2135 New Member

Sorry about the flare you're in. I'm hoping this passes for you very soon.

It's not uncommon for our bodies to build up an immunity to a certain medication, or for some other weird, wacky symptom to pop up, and complicate things.

Do you think maybe it's time for you to discuss other treatment options with your doctor? Sometimes, 'hanging in there' makes things worse. (this has been my experience, and I should be embarrassed to say, it took me 15 years to learn it!)

Take care of you,
    Brenda

5. angelstapleton

angelstapleton New Member

Just wanted to say thanks for listing to me. I go back to the pain doc on the 28.I will talk to him about slepping pills. I really need a good night sleep.
    Thanks so very much to all. Eveyone is so nice.
    I wish you all a good night .
    Bless you all Angel
  6. boltchik

boltchik New Member

So sorry to hear about your flare. Hopefully you will get some good sleep tonight and wake up feeling better tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know I will say a prayer for you.
    Hugs, Kim