Not doing well

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by dash, Jun 21, 2004.

1. dash

dash New Member

I began p.t. for fibromyalgia and oa of the neck. My therapists assessment shows that my neck, shoulders (not the area I had surgery on), and upper arms are a mess. There is widespread muscle inflamation and tendonitis. The OA is just adding on layers of pain.

We are starting out slowly and keeping our sessions to twice a week. I'm to repeat my simple exercises at home twice a day and use ice. My rheumy wants me to up my celebrex to twice a day for two weeks.

Of course, I overdid everything Saturday and Sunday for Father's Day.

I am trying to finish up the school year. I've had to take it much slower this year because of health.

Please pray that my treatments go well and are effective and I can tie things together and take a needed break.

I have been praying for the needs posted here even when I can't respond with a written note.

Bless you all,
    Della

2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m sorry to hear your not doing well. I will be praying for you. My neck has been bothering me too. Have you tried some heat on it? That helps mine alot.

I hope you feel better soon.
    Sandy
  3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Sorry you have been feeling so bad. I pray that the PT treatments will help you to feel better.

Have you ever tried using something like Icy-Hot on your neck and an ice pack? It works good for me.
  4. PolarBear

PolarBear New Member

I hope all goes well for you. You're in my prayers.

Hugs,
    Sheri
  5. dash

dash New Member

Thank you, Sandy, Beadlady and Sheri for your prayers. I've used the "blue stuff" before, but its expensive and I'm out of it right now.

I use ice frequently. If I am excercising, or doing anything physical that will effect a sore area, I apply moist heat, do the activity and follow by icing.

I realized looking over my post this morning that someone reading it would think I'm in school. Actually, I'm the teacher, instructing my 15 year old in a homeschool.

I'm very fortunate to have a very kind and gentle physical therapist. She understands how complicated FM pain can be and how carefully we have to proceed.

God bless,
    Della
  6. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi Della,
    I'm glad that you have a gentle PT. That was my first concern. I am an OT (Occupational Therapist). I always try to let people on the board know that they have to research and find a therapist who has experience in treating people with fibromyalgia otherwise a therapist or other health professional can cause a lot of pain.

My education is the same as the PT until the final year of schooling. There are so many diseases, disabilities and underlying medical info. to learn that you don't specialize until you get out. Even then it's hard to specialize b/c you may work in a clinic and have to treat various people that you have little to NO experience with. I'll quit rambling.

I guess I just want to make sure that you ALWAYS trust your instincts and communicate if you feel worse for more than 1-2 hours after therapy...this wouldn't be a good sign. If you are showing improvements over time then stay with what you're doing. However, if you are not showing improvements then try to find a therapist with a lot of experience that has demonstrated the ability to help patients with fibro. Your PT may have experience and be a good one but these are just my thoughts and concerns.

I will pray for you also that you get relief from the pain:)
    God bless you, Monkeykat

7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I pray that your PT is as helpful to you as mine has been for me. If it's the right kind and done right, it can really help with pain and stiffness. Be careful about the tendons not to put too much stress on them. With our illnesses, our tendons are often in bad shape and it doesn't take much to injure them.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

Love, Mikie
  8. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

So sorry Della that your in so much pain, I live with chronic pain so I know how horrible it is. scarry too. stay strong in the Lord. all we can do is take it one day at a time I guess. Bless you
    Lisa

Dear Lord
    you know the thoughts and plans you have for Della, thoughts of welfare and peace and not for evil, to give Della hope in your final outcome.
    Lord, You are Della's High Priest, and I ask You to loose her from her infirmitys.
    in Jesus name I pray.
    luv lisa