Not Going To Be A Grandma After All

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by budmickl, Jan 24, 2008.

1. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Just found out she lost the baby yesterday.

She is in good health, doctor said at her age (36 yrs) it's not unusual.

2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Again, I'm sorry.

3. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

My condolences to you and your family. I'm so sorry to hear she lost the baby.
  4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Maybe she can try again since she is so healthy.
    So sorry to hear this.

Take care of yourself please!
  5. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I am so sorry for your family's loss, that is very hard. Know that we are praying for you and your family and sending good thoughts to you. Kim :)
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

You and your Daughter are in my thoughts and Prayers!,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,Sis
  7. mezombie

mezombie Member

to hear that. This must be very hard for both of you. Hang in there!
  8. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

so sorry, my daughter 31, has had a lot of problems carrying babies so I know how you all feel.

We're hoping this year she will be successful and I hope this for your daughter too.

9. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I'm so sorry.

One of my best friends is 10 years younger than I am. She didn't start "trying" until she was your daughters age and she miscarried twice. It was very painful.

She's 45 now and has a 4 year old and an 18mo. old.

May you move through this loss gently and together,
  10. budmickl

budmickl New Member

To have found this board and all you as 'cyber friends".

Your kind words, thoughts and prayers mean a lot to me. I don't have anyone except b/f to talk to about this and he is in the hospital again with heart issues.

She is doing OK mentally and physically. I am too, I guess I wasn't allowing myself to get overjoyed knowing this might happen... and that our relationship has a long way to heal before I could be comfortable enough to be the grandmother I want to be.

Again, thank you all so, so much.

11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We've been through this in my family too and it's hard. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Love, Mikie
  12. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I'm sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and yours.

13. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that and know how it feels. My DIL and son lost two pregnancies already and have been trying so hard. Also now thinking about the Foster parent program leading to adoption.

Actually, not sure which was worse. She miscarried the first time and the second time the baby was not developing properly at all (no growth) and so the did a D and C. How heart breaking is that?

You are in our thoughts and prayers. I already have 8 grandchildren. My son and dil were heart broken I know and would make such good parents as I am sure your daughter and SIL would. I am just guessing she is your daughter and not DIL. If so , no matter anyway. It is so sad either way.

God bless and hopefully she will get pregnant soon in a little while.

Warm hugs,

14. painterZ

painterZ New Member

my heart felt heavy when I read your thread. I'm so sorry. I hope you both receive the comfort you need at this time.

15. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I went thru this myself with my daughter two years ago. It was a very hard thing to go thru. My daughter was 30 at the time and was devastated. Three months after that she got pregnant again and I now have a beautiful healthy grandaughter. I pray good thoughts for the both of you. My daughter lives clear across the country but I would just listen to her as she grieved over the phone. All of the women, grandmothers, great grandmothers, and cousins all sent flowers to her just to acknowledge her grief. P
  16. laceymae

laceymae New Member

So sorry for your family.

Glad she is doing ok though.

You will all be in my prayers.
  17. book629

book629 New Member

I'm new to this board, saw your post - I am so very sorry - I had two miscarriages, and have two wonderful, healthy children now. Give her lots of love, and don't let anyone say the words "it's for the best" to her -- wishing you all a healing heart
  18. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

I am sorry for your loss. I have experienced this myself and I hope she is Ok. {{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}