Not going to get much sleep tonight--It is very windy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

and I never get much sleep when it is windy. Don't know why the wind does that to me.

Does that happen to you too?
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

No sleep here either. Thunderstorm came thru. It seems like this summer is the worst I can remember having. High heat-storms,wind. More flare and down time then usual.
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

The weather does affect my fibro. The very high temp's we had, with no humidity were easier for me. The rain, thunderstorms, and humidity has my body hurting like crazy. And of course, the fact we're not sleeping only add's to this.

Hoping we all get some well needed sleep soon!

4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

My thought's are when the wind's pick up there is usually a weather change happening. When the barometric pressure change's, I flare like crazy. Do you notice more pain during those times. I think much of what is going on outside affect's us in many ways.

It's 4:15 am in Indiana at this time. When I can't sleep it causes my anxiety level to rise. As it is now.

Hope you have better sleep soon!

5. jole

jole Member

So glad you posted this, because when I tell my family this, they look at me like the entire FM thing must be in my head. It's not listed as one of the symptoms, so no one believes it :( We've had nothing BUT wind this summer, and it's been horrible for me. Well, wind and heat..certainly no rain. I not only don't sleep, but my pain level is much higher. Instead of pain in one or two areas, it's the entire body pain.

I spend as much time sitting on my porch at night as I do in bed. Beats fighting it, and just getting more frustrated when sleep isn't going to happen. Wishing you well.
  6. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

Our area is shielded by high mountains, so we don't get a lot of wind, unless it decides to roar down the mountain. But this summer has been really rainy and dark - as if Alaska isn't dark enough in the winter! I wish I could push all the rain south, to the states that really need it! The gloom affects my mood a lot and sunny days are spent entirely outside. My body doesn't seem to recognize a "bedtime", so I have to wait until it feels like it wants to sleep. Even if I say "Okay, fine, 10 PM, I'm going to bed!" my body responds "Fine! GO to bed. But will you sleep?" If only my head and my body would come to some sort of agreement! lol!

Soft hugs,