Not looking forward to a new year

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chloeuk, Dec 10, 2006.

1. chloeuk

chloeuk New Member

I saw some photos of myself last night taken at christmas last year and it just made me feel so sad..how I wish I could be that person again, this time last year I was running around getting ready for christmas and also for my mum to come stay( I now live in Australia and she is in the UK) I became very ill in the first week of January and have become worse ever since..I do think that I have had cfs/fms for several years on and off although I really didnt know it..I have had times of being completely well in those times, just not in this year..this is the longest I have been ill for.

I just dont want to start another year being ill and only having pain and illness to look forward to. I feel like a shell of the person I used to be, I have lost my self confidence and just dont look after myself like I did( I mean..physical things, like wearing makeup, fixing my hair) I guess I kept thinking I will be better by christmas and now christmas is here and a new year is dawning and I still feel so bad that I literally can do nothing without paying the price of exhaustion and pain....anyone else feel like this?
  2. chloeuk

chloeuk New Member

you are a real sweetie! I just cant seem to get my head around it..why is this happening to me and why cant I be like I was, are the sort of thoughts my mind is plagued with..and other stuff like I am weak and if I pushed myself then maybe I would feel better...I know none of those thoughts are true..I guess I wish these DD would be more accepted by drs and the public and then at least I could believe in them more myself...sometimes I believe those thoughts that it is just me being weak...funny thing is though is that I accept and believe all of the people here that are suffering so why am I so hard on myself?? Always questions!