Not "professionally" diagnosed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by perdido, Aug 5, 2005.

1. perdido

perdido New Member

Hello, I came accross this board while doing research on FM. I think I have it. I was diagnosed with Candida over 5yrs ago. I was in a bycicling accident about 3 wks ago and my body aches and fatigue are so severe, I am not able to do my daily routine. My body has felt like I am suffering from the flu for over two weeks. My muscles burn. I have always excercised, but now when I work out, it takes a week to recover the soreness. I guess I need to see a doctor. Has anyone tried the quaifenesin treatment plan by Dr. Amand. I got his book from the library and seems too good to be true. I feel like I am at my wits end. His book at least gave a name to what I was feeling. My family just thinks I am a hypochondriac.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

before you jump to any conclusions, you really need to see your doctor.

You may have hurt something in your body when you had your bike accident. Three weeks in not such a long time to recover from a bad fall.

Good luck to you, and I sure hope you do not have FM.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

I found this board by surfing as well. From the issues you describe, I think you'll find that you'll meet a lot of others here who can relate to all the points -- up to and including the "wits end" and "family just thinks I am a hypochondriac" parts.

Your accident seems like it was very recent. You did not say how long you have been having FM/CFS symptoms -- did they start around the time you were diagnosed w/Candida?

If you are just at the beginning of the exploration, there are many paths to try. And if you are used to being active, and you now feel bad, you may need to realize that when your body doesn't recover right away, it is a sign that you need to cut back on things that take the energy away from your body being able to heal. And although it sounds easy for me to say, I can assure you that it is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

I was on the guia treatment for about a year or a little more. I could definitely tell when I was 'cycling', and it did help. I found out last autumn that I had chronic Epstein Barr, and was put on Valtrex which helped immensely. I have virtually no aches/pains/burning like I used to except when I seriously overexert.

But I've tried dozens more things than that -- some that helped, some that really didn't do anything. For some of us, there might be one thing that knocks us down. For some others, there might be a host of things, and one thing sets it off. So with the latter, we chip away at one or two things at a time and gain ground that way.

Please spend time browsing the board -- there's so much knowledge here that it amazes me. And they're not slackers on empathy, either.

The board does move fast, so 'bump' up your post by replying to it yourself so that it will move up to the first page again. Sometimes if you do that a couple of times (depending on when you post), people will have time to think about a reply before your post drops off the page.