Not stupid. ?????? ggodnews badnews

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sofy, Nov 16, 2002.

1. sofy

sofy New Member

The cognitive test came back and said I am just waaay too smart to be disabled. Just need to carry a notebook, see a psych and go on. Said people as smart as me often have trouble dealing with the realities of aging and get depressed over it. Is he crazy or me And here I thought he was such a nice man. The only places I did bad was a couple of time where I started to fall asleep. So maybe the sleep Dr. is right after all perhaps it is a sleeping disorder. Guck, there is no help for that. Things are not looking good for the ssd unless they put a lot of weight on the sleep test and the sleep Dr. The psych I saw for six months discharged me and said it wasn't depression but organic. These guys are using me like a ping pong ball and I'm starting to get bruised.
    I just thought you would all like to know you have a stupid sleepy genius among your midst.
  2. sofy

sofy New Member

The cognitive test came back and said I am just waaay too smart to be disabled. Just need to carry a notebook, see a psych and go on. Said people as smart as me often have trouble dealing with the realities of aging and get depressed over it. Is he crazy or me And here I thought he was such a nice man. The only places I did bad was a couple of time where I started to fall asleep. So maybe the sleep Dr. is right after all perhaps it is a sleeping disorder. Guck, there is no help for that. Things are not looking good for the ssd unless they put a lot of weight on the sleep test and the sleep Dr. The psych I saw for six months discharged me and said it wasn't depression but organic. These guys are using me like a ping pong ball and I'm starting to get bruised.
    I just thought you would all like to know you have a stupid sleepy genius among your midst.
  3. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

Sorry to hear that nobody will listen to you. I don't have any advice to give you though. Know that you're in my thoughts. dolsgirl
  4. teach6

teach6 New Member

So sorry to hear about your report, I think. I know you did not want to come out smelling like a rose on this. My attorney had me go to a psychologist who did his own evaluation.

I got it back today and sound pretty bad in it. He needs a good editing job, but I won't volunteer. He kept using the word amnesia and made it sound like it was a cumulative effect beginning when my dad died of cancer when I was ten. I could have sworn it was a heart attack all these years! LOL

But the overall effect is that I can't remember diddley and certainly can't be expected to perform a job. So I'll take it and hope the state retirement people read it while waiting on the report from their guy and believe that I truly am unable to teach school any more.

Do you have an attorney yet? If not, you might ask around at a local support group for the name of a psychologist any of them have used to get SSDI.

I do wish you luck and that you come out sounding as stupid as I do!

Barbara
  5. sb439

sb439 New Member

Hi Sofy, I still come out very clever on ordinary intelligence tests, but a QEEG revealed that quite a few things are wrong with my brain (CFIDS-brain). On ordinary cognitive tests, if you start out above average, you'll be seen as fine as long as you don't plunge to the "real idiot" section, I presume, even if you are much less capable than you were. The problem with the QEEG (quantitative EEG) is that it's *very* expensive. Dr Myra Preston in North Carolina should know whether results of QEEG tests can be used to establish disability, I think they may, but am not sure. (I'll see her in a weeks time or so, I could ask.)
    Hugs,
    Susanne
    (also in CT)