Not sure if I can post this ?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by barlow, Sep 28, 2002.

1. barlow

barlow New Member

Hello every-one.

Greetings from New Zealand.... we are now coming into Spring and things are warming up so you must be approaching Fall and the cooler weather.

I haven't been on the board for some weeks now ... you may recall I posted about having a Hiatus Hernia Repair .... well all went well as far as the Op went but I have not had an easy ride since .... I am now on a special diet of Ensure Plus as well as still having really sloppy foods ... still unable to even eat really soft food
    (Omelete etc) as it feels as if the lower half of the Oesophagus is paralysed preventing food to pass through.

I am to now face having a Gastroscopy as well as having the Oesophagus stretched.

Has any-one had this procedure if so how did you cope ???

I was warned that I would loose weight .... but I have gone down 4 dress sizes and wonder if this is normal .... 13 weeks on Tuesday since I had surgery and to be free of the hernia pain is just wonderful .... but the awful pain that it has been replaced with is not nice.

Would be good to have some support here.

re the post about 'age with Fibro', I have had what it used to be called .. Fibrositis (not sure of the spelling here) .. since I was in my very early 20's I am now in my 60's.

Like another post asked - yes I have always striven to do things as well as I could .... you could talk about me being 'stupid' because of my deafness but you couldn't fault my work, what ever it was. I never believed that I was a 'perfectionist' as this person can not be told an easier way to do something, I was/am always open for suggestions.

I believe that 'if a job is worth doing then do it properly, if you can not do so, then leave it alone as there is always some-one who can do it properly'.

Shalom Anne a.k.a. barlow

2. barlow

barlow New Member

Hello every-one.

Greetings from New Zealand.... we are now coming into Spring and things are warming up so you must be approaching Fall and the cooler weather.

I haven't been on the board for some weeks now ... you may recall I posted about having a Hiatus Hernia Repair .... well all went well as far as the Op went but I have not had an easy ride since .... I am now on a special diet of Ensure Plus as well as still having really sloppy foods ... still unable to even eat really soft food
    (Omelete etc) as it feels as if the lower half of the Oesophagus is paralysed preventing food to pass through.

I am to now face having a Gastroscopy as well as having the Oesophagus stretched.

Has any-one had this procedure if so how did you cope ???

I was warned that I would loose weight .... but I have gone down 4 dress sizes and wonder if this is normal .... 13 weeks on Tuesday since I had surgery and to be free of the hernia pain is just wonderful .... but the awful pain that it has been replaced with is not nice.

Would be good to have some support here.

re the post about 'age with Fibro', I have had what it used to be called .. Fibrositis (not sure of the spelling here) .. since I was in my very early 20's I am now in my 60's.

Like another post asked - yes I have always striven to do things as well as I could .... you could talk about me being 'stupid' because of my deafness but you couldn't fault my work, what ever it was. I never believed that I was a 'perfectionist' as this person can not be told an easier way to do something, I was/am always open for suggestions.

I believe that 'if a job is worth doing then do it properly, if you can not do so, then leave it alone as there is always some-one who can do it properly'.

3. barlow

barlow New Member

Hello Jo Ellen.

Lovely to hear/read from you .... I had a giggle at you having to leave the house because of the noise .... there can be a thunderstorm out there and I wouldn't hear a thing .... the rain on the iron roof also doesn't bother me, I wonder why!!!!!

I am sure some-one will come along with some gem of
    re-assurance before too long .... I am off to bed now it is 2018, so there will be a reason for me to log-in tomorrow morning.

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

So good to have you back. Wow, sounds like you have been through a lot. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Love, Mikie
  5. PMangels

PMangels New Member

It is 10:08 AM where I live in the USA. You are getting some zzzzzzzzzzz I hope. Nice to hear from someone in another part of the world.

I would like to think spring was coming instead of winter. I love all the pretty flowers. It is 53 degrees here this morning.

My husband had a Gastroscopy done last year because he has GERD. He got along fine with the test. He did not have to have the Oesophagus stretched though. But the doc did mention it to us of a possiblity. I'm sure there should be someone come along with that answer though.

And I agree with Joellen about the noise. I'm also very sensitive to it. And those boom boxes in cars drive me crazy too. Even makes the house fibrate. The thing I wish I could get rid of is the constant ringing in my ears. I'm not deaf but I am hard of hearing.

Take care...each day will be better. I will be looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Love
    Arlene
  6. ladydi

ladydi New Member

Dear Friend, Barlow, We have'nt met properly, but I did feel a certain interest in your situation. I'm sure you've
    found much relief with your surgery.
    You probably have a narrowing in your esophagus that's
    causing you so much discomfort now.
    I've had a Gastroscopy myself. You will not even remember
    it, because they sedate you slightly. If you have to have
    your esophagus stretched, you will feel enormously better.
    I've know some people who've had it done, and they were
    so glad to have the relief.
    I hope others come along and agree with me, that the
    procedure will help. Then you can maybe get some added
    insight. I'm wishing you the very best. Post back and let us know how you are coping. You'll be fine.

Best wishes to a new fibro friend.
    LadyDi

ps I'm envious about the weather you are having. We are
    about to go into serious allergy season for my family.

Hope you get many replies to ease your mind.
  7. barlow

barlow New Member

I thank you Ladydi ....(not our Princess Di I am sure!!).... Arlene and Mikie .... (Mikie you have NOT filed your profile - I was reading in a post what another Moderator had to say about this. This sends a message out I feel, that you are really private and do not want us to understand what you have to cope with!!!!! It would be nice to know something about you also) ....

I have been cheered by your replies.

I have had loads of gastroscopies in the past and am not worried about that as such .... I will be sound asleep during this procedure anyway. I am more concerned about the long term outcome now from the Hiatus Hernia Repair.

I had been warned that I would have pain after surgery but that it would eventually recede .... normal I would say after such Major Surgery .... but thatit is much worse and that it want go away concerns me, as does the continual weight loss.

Yes it is SPRING down here and very very Prety and WARM but .... yesterday was it was just sooooo wet and cold in the afternoon.

We have read of some real bad weather up in the northern parts of the World and I feel we really do 'feel' for you all, as winter is NOT the best of times .... well not for couch potatoes like me anyway!!!!! I rejoice in the WARMTH of the sun as this helps with PAIN and it is FREE.

8. herblady

herblady New Member

and my dr. said one day surgery may be necessary. no way! i've heard too many stories like yours, surgery always seems to make it worse. i'll just put up with it. i feel for you hon. cindi
    [This Message was Edited on 09/29/2002]
  9. barlow

barlow New Member

Cindi, it is lovely to hear/read from you.

The Hiatus Hernia Repair is GOOD I no longer have PAIN from that area .... I believe that something else is wrong in my gut .... since I first had the Gallbladder removed and then the Hiatus Hernia Repaired the original PAIN has gone this is something completely different.

Also I can not take medication to assist me to cope with the pain which I would much prefer to do, (because of allergic and very adverse reactions) I believe that there is some problem with the muscles of the gullet that are not working properly.

Anyway I will soon find out, as I am to have things looked at on the 10th October .... one year to the day since I had the gallbladder removed!!!!

I took a peek at your profile Cindi and saw the lovely wee fellow one, of your Grand-Children I presume and you look great also. I will have to try again to put my photo in my profile .... this computer sure is a frustrating machine to play with .... lately I just have not felt I can handle the stress, hopefully I will manage to do so soon.

Take care. Shalom Anne a.k.a. barlow
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

A hacker destroyed my computer while you were gone and I basically went into hiding, cyber wise. I took all info off my profile and did not post here.

I've come back to help Shirl and just haven't filled in the info in my profile. My life's basically an open book and I have nothing to hide. I've just been awfully busy and pretty sick lately.

Love, Mikie
  11. barlow

barlow New Member

Hello Mikie, thanks for the reply.

There seems to be a lot of people being affected by these 'hackers' over your way X my fingers it doesn't affect me.

I am sorry that you have been sick lately as I know exactly what this is like, I pray that you can 'shake it off' and get back on top again soon.