Not Sure WHAT is wrong with me!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LoriD, Sep 27, 2002.

1. LoriD

LoriD New Member

Hi everyone. I am not sure what is wrong with me. I do have two benign cysts on my thyroid - had that biopsy done a year ago. I am always so tired, recently it has gotten a lot worse, I can't remember anything, I have gained some weight. My blood work came back normal. My doc put me on thryoid meds but said he thinks I may have FM. How can my doc be sure of this. What other symptoms are there? Any advise/suggestions/help is greatly appreciated.
  2. LoriD

LoriD New Member

Hi everyone. I am not sure what is wrong with me. I do have two benign cysts on my thyroid - had that biopsy done a year ago. I am always so tired, recently it has gotten a lot worse, I can't remember anything, I have gained some weight. My blood work came back normal. My doc put me on thryoid meds but said he thinks I may have FM. How can my doc be sure of this. What other symptoms are there? Any advise/suggestions/help is greatly appreciated.
  3. JP

JP New Member

Not sure if this will help and there is a pretty good book in paperback called "Living Well With Hypothyroidism" by Mary Shomon. Also, look up Hashimoto's Thyroid disease and see if you could have this. Many times the regular thyroid test will be normal with Hashimoto's. The doc needs to do additional testing to confirm this condition. Many folks with FM also have thyroid troubles.

Take care,
    Jan

4. hope2002

hope2002 New Member

Dear Lorid,

Sounds like your Hypothyroid, just like me.

You may rest assured that I am not out to sell anything or want any money. I am just a homemaker from a small town. I couldn't do that to anyone. I am NOT a sales person, contrary to belief.

Here is part of what I know. Hope this helps:

Clinical & Scientific Achievements
    • The single most important accomplishment of FRF-related research is a clinical achievement: We developed and refined the form of treatment termed "metabolic rehabilitation." Some 75% to 85% of patients diagnosed as having fibromyalgia who undergo metabolic rehabilitation completely and lastingly recover. By "recover" we mean the patients no longer meet the American College of Rheumatology criteria for fibromyalgia. The patients are symptom free and fully functional at long-term follow-up.
    • The second accomplishment of FRF-related research is a scientific achievement: We have established that inadequate thyroid hormone regulation of tissues, due either to hypothyroidism or thyroid hormone resistance, is the major underlying mechanism of fibromyalgia. This means that what we call "fibromyalgia" is mainly the symptoms and signs of untreated or under-treated hypothyroidism or thyroid hormone resistance. We have also determined that most patients' fibromyalgia is complicated by one or more other metabolism-impairing factors. The most common factors are an unwholesome diet, nutritional deficiencies, and physical deconditioning.

Regular thyroid tests show up as "normal", but one cannot count on or rely on this. My tests showed up as "normal", too, and I was diagnosed with Wilson's Thyroid Syndrome and Fibromyalgia and diabetes. Wilson's does NOT show up on regular thyroid tests. It is a separate test that must be performed. You must have a RT3 test done. An Endocrinologist must be seen in order to have this test run the right way in my opinion. They specialize in thyroid problems and get to the ROOT PROBLEM, no matter WHAT that may be.

My doctor told me it was "all in my head", but I found the remedy through research. What I wrote above.