NOT Sweating?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tamster, Feb 19, 2003.

1. tamster

tamster New Member

I have seen several posts concerning excessive sweating and fibro/meds. I have the opposite problem...I don't sweat. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem, and what drs. have told them. Mine just say they've never heard of that and dismiss it. But I rarely go out in the summer, I just get too hot from not sweating. My face and head turn completely red and feel like they're going to explode. Any help would be much appreciated! I've gotten so much help from this board already. Thanks everyone!

Tamster
  2. TerriM

TerriM New Member

I posted on some of the other sweating questions . . . I don't sweat either. I have been found to have the connective tissue disorder Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and I believe that may have something to do with it . . . I don't tolerate heat well at all either.

I have blotchy skin especially when I get cold, the white's of my eyes have a slight light blue tint (compare with someone else's eyes in a mirror), I have low blood pressure, problem getting blood taken, very flexible joints that can hyperextend, a high oxygen content in my blood and migraines that are all symptoms of EDS. Also, some people with EDS have flat feet and most have small noses and very soft skin. Also I have knee and back problems which are associated with it.

Does any of this sound familiar to you? There are probably other causes as well, but I think this may be why I don't sweat very much.
  3. Rosesark

Rosesark New Member

About 2 years ago, i stopped sweating. When i get hot my face turns bright red and also my chest. It stays that way fror 8 to 12 hours and i feel like my body is burning up inside. It's weird, i even do it when i try to do anything strenous, like mopping the floor or vacuuming. My rheum is suspecting CIDP and Fibro, but is not through testing. Now because of not being able to take hormones i am hot flashing and sweating for the first time in 2 years, but i still turn really red in the face when i do any work. Let us know if you find out why we do this and i will also. Rose
  4. tamster

tamster New Member

Thank you both so much for your replies. I am going to do some research on the Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. I also have problems with low blood pressure, having blood taken and migraines. If I find out anything new or a dr. who can help, I'll let you know. I'm just so glad I'm not the only one with this problem. (Not saying I'm glad you guys have it, just that I found you!) Thanks for the info!

Tamster