Not the best Birthday in the world......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kinsie, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I am usually not on the computer over the weekend because I don't have one at home, but I'm at a coffee house this morning having breakfast before church.

My husband has despression and OCD. He handles it all pretty well most of the time, but when a lot of problems ( or what he preceives as problems) come his way he has what I call a "melt down".

As many of you know, a person with FM doesn't always have very good romantic life. I have absolutely no desire for "romance". I have seen the doctor, taken every thing, read everything, and no luck.

Well, that doesn't set will with my husband. I've been especially out of it lately, and he's had several other big things to hit him, and he got up yesterday morning in a terrible mood.

Today is my birthday. When I woke him up for church, he said he wasn't going ( totally out of character for him). He started complaining to me about the way I am, blah blah blah.

I guss my feelings are just hurt. He bought me a nice gift the other night, but said his heart wasn't in it because of the way I am.

I know he'll get ok again, and I know it's coming from his mental difficulties.

Just wanted to feel sorry for myself today. I knew you would understand where no one else would.

I won't be back on the computer until Monday morning.

See you then.

Kinsie
  2. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

Happy Birthday Kinsie!

I hope you have a wonderful day and sending prayers your way for you and hubby.

Hugs,
    Lindy
  3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Kinsie,
    I know you will read this long after your birthday, but I want to wish you "Happy Birthday" anyway! I hope your day improved as it went along and you are feeling better, now.

Big Hugs,
    Terry
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Hope it turns out to be a nice day for you after all.

love
    Rosie
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Maybe it wasn't the most exciting birthday, but all of us were thinking of you! Hope it turned out to be a nice day... love, Terri
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i admire the both of you to stick in there through thick and thin...

it is draining i am sure to be with someone w/ocd...i have the depression part myself, so i know how that is...

i am proud of you for going to the coffee shop and taking care of your needs for youself...i hope you had your favorite coffe e drink..i like iced mocha's personally...

i am glad at least he acknowledged you with a gift...for your birthday...some men don't even think of that...

but i understand how it disapointed you not to go to church w/him...

i am only 41 so i really don't know about the lack of wanting of needing sex...i guess i have always been the opposite in this catergory...some day i am sure i will hit that....

but in the mean time can you both go to some couples counseling?? maybe you both need to do a little holiday together and just let the parents be taken careoff for a couple of days...leave a forwarding number with the parents caretakers...

i have heard that men take turning 50 even worse then turning 40....

well wishing the best day you can have...

jodie
  7. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

I am sorry that your bday was so crappy and do know how you feel because my hubby gets on my case at least 1x a month right around normal PMS times. I have had a hysterectomy

along time ago but I guess around that PMS time each month I guess I get weird or something cuz I am always saying to him, "what did I do?". Well it must be difficult with him

also being sick. I am glad he at least got you a present!
    Hang in there, and HAPPY BELATED BDAY!!!

PIRT
  8. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Well, better late than never....to say, Happy Birthday!!

I hope that things get better for you.

Mari
  9. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

10. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

It was so nice to get here to work this morning, and find so many nice messages.

It was a blessing for me that my 88 year old Mother was up at 7:30am on my birthday baking me a cake!!

I went to my Mother's house, and my brother and sister-in-law came for lunch too. We had a nice time. Then I went with them to look at furniture.

My husband is still not doing too well even today. He spent the entire day yesterday in his recliner, and didn't even eat a bite until last evening. With the Lord's help, he'll be OK soon.

Thanks again for the greetings!

Kinsie
  11. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

Happy be-lated b-day.