Not the news I had hoped for...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Godismystrength, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Can't thank you all enough for your encouragement, prayers and help!
    They truly mean so much!

Lincamp, I couldn't agree more... I'm praying that I can get this other doc to look at my dad's films tomorrow. It doesn't sound like my dad's situation is a candidate for the less invasive methods... First, because of its size (6cm) and second, because the tumor is located inside, rather than on, the kidney... And apparently the tumor takes up most of his kidney. But even so, I would feel much better if he would get a second opinion.

Lincamp, if you don't mind me asking, what part of the country is your dad in? And who is his doctor? I'm so glad to hear that your dad was able to have the less invasive treatment. I will keep him in my prayers as well... that it is a complete success.

Again, thank you all so much for your support and encouragement. God bless you all!

Blessings and Gentle Hugs,
    Shel
  2. lincamp

lincamp Member

Sorry to hear your Dads case seems to be worse than my Dad.

My Dads tumor is smaller and on the back portion of the kidney so easier to get too. Size and location seem to be the deciding factor in treatment options for kidney cancer.

Dad lives in FLA. He originally saw a urologist but that Doc. referred Him to an interventional radiologist for the ablation procedure, Not sure of the name.

I will keep you and your Dad in my prayers
  3. Thanks again... So much. My dad is in Florida too... Is your dad in south Florida or the panhandle? It would be quite something if they were in the same town... And if so, I would want to know the name of his urologist.

My Dad's in Pensacola... it does sound like my dad's situation is more complicated... And his surgery is quickly approaching this friday. Even so, I want to be sure we exhaust all other options... So I do appreciate your sharing the info about your dad, lincamp... I will look into the interventional radiologist route as well... Thanks so much for your help and prayers... It means more than you know!

Blessings,
    Shel
    [This Message was Edited on 01/28/2013]
  4. lincamp

lincamp Member

My dad is on the east coast about 800 miles away from your Dad...too far it seems for Him to go.

Glad we could share info w each other, it always helps to know someone who is going through the same thing and the reason why we come to Prohealth in the first place...

Keep us updated and best wishes!!!!!!
  5. freida

freida Active Member

I want to tell you, I'm thinking of you, Shel!

I know it is a very stressful week for you.

Take good care,
    Leah
  6. MicheleK

MicheleK Moderator

Hi Shel,

I missed this entire thread somehow. I am sorry. I so wish you would get a break. It's one thing after another, after another. I am very sorry to hear about your father. It is so hard to watch our parents go through such things. I hope it will all work out well. Hugs, Michele
  7. confetti11

confetti11 New Member

I haven't been on this board for quite a while but I just had to pipe in that I think my dad may have had the same thing just 2 years ago (he's 83 now.) I was scared to death. That word...cancer. He made it through okay (total removal of one kidney.) I just wanted to hopefully give you some hope that, even with surgery (and it's almost impossible to get that generation to get a second opinion...although in my dad's case it was clearly malignant)...it can go okay.