not yet diagnosed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sydney2001, May 28, 2003.

1. sydney2001

sydney2001 New Member

I have not yet been diagnosed with fibromyalgia however my mom was 10+ years ago. She is hypothyroid as am I. I never considered the 2 to be related until a co-worker pointed me towards an article which may indicate the opposite. I feel lousy so much of the time... I had been diagnosed with TMJ, my jaw, face, neck & eyes hurt on a regular basis. My wrists hurt but I contributed that to working on a computer. I get frequent odd chest pains that seem like they are muscular, I have abdominal pain frequently, get a bloated feeling. I have in the past been diagnosed with inflammatory bowel disorder. My shoulders and lower back hurt off and on as do my knees. I am active but take good care of myself and do not feel I should be in so much pain all of the time. It is hard to get out of bed in the morning. I am in my middle 30's and my husband is 20 years older than me and can just spring out of bed. I have trouble bending. I do not sleep well haven't for a while. I frequently get a feeling that I could only describe to my husband as a brain fog & I do get mildly depressed at times. After reading the article about fibromyalgia I am wondering if this could be my problem? I never added it all up that there could be one main cause of my problem. If this is so, are there any treatments that actually help? My mom has much more severe problems at this point - she is going thru chemo so she is on strong pain meds at this point so therefore does not feel much in the way of pain. Thanks for taking the time to read this and your input is greatly appreciated. I am just getting sick and tired of feeling sick and tired!
    [This Message was Edited on 05/28/2003]
  2. goingslowlycrazy

goingslowlycrazy New Member

Hi honey - it all sounds very familiar...

I have been diagnosed with cfs although I think I may have fm as well.

My advice to you would be what others advised me to do when I first found this wonderful place. Stick around and read all you can.

If you want specific info you can do searches where it says search messages at the top of the page. That will bring up all the postings matching your question.

We have two wise moderators, Mickey (a lady) and Shirl, who both really know their stuff...and three docs who are also sufferers - they are Madwolf, Ac77 and Sujay.

I hope you like it here as much as I do - these people should be on prescription - they are such a tonic!

If you would like a laugh - look at the post (still on the front page I think) about 'Need a laugh - have you got fibro?'...something like that, but I remember it was in caps.

Welcome to our family,
    warm hugs
    Mary x