Nothing left to fight for in the marriage..except for ME

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Suzan, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Suzan

Suzan New Member

Brad composed a letter to his family.."explaining his position".
    The poor guy has always given up what he wanted for his family. Now that he has his children grown..and his wife is sick..he feels he has no life. And he is going to fix that. He is going to chase HIS dreams..and start this new business...and meet new people. "including women'...( makes me think that is something he is already doing I guess).
    He even said if the kids decide not to be in his life "so be it".
    He 'fully intends to make things right for "Sue" so that "we are both taken care of financially".

So..he has shut all the doors...and there is nothing left for me to fight for.
    So, I give up.
    I am putting plans in place to legally take care of my interests. I have gotten some lawyer info I will be persuing this week. I am hoping that I can put things in motion so that I can leave here with my interests protected...hopefully as soon as a month from now.

My son James has stepped up and will do what ever needs doing for me. I have a place to go...and he has promised me that I have financial security with or without Brad. It is breaking my heart to put him in this position at 31 years old....but I have little choice...and I am so grateful that he is my child! My daughter is not being supportive at this point...and I am going to not expect much from her right now. Also very I thought she would be a lioness in my corner. Our youngest, only 24..he cannnot help monetarily...but he is supporting me in other ways...and I won't be surprised if he decides to return to WI with me when I go.

I have some good friends there that are hanging in there with me...and have told me I can come visit anytime I need a place to hide...

I feel like my world is crashing all around me. I am frantically working to pick up pieces of it so I can find a way to move on.
    I know I will be ok...but right now ok is very far away. But I am still strong..stronger than I realized. I will do what I have to do to protect myself hard as that is going to be on me. I feel that it is important for my sanity to find a way to get out of this house...and away from this man who has taken all emotion out of this...and gone after it like one more business deal.

Cross your fingers for me that he can make this business deal is the best shot I have at having any sort of security as I grow old.

I guess none of us really knows what is going on inside the head of another just don't know when the rug may be pulled out from underneath you...
    I wish I had done some things I wouldn't be facing this desparate financial situation....but I thought raising my kids...was what mattered.

I am on a very bumpy road....and cannot wait till the time it starts smoothing out.

Just keeping you updated...
    Thanks again to all of you who are helping me stay strong thru this insanity.

2. sisland

sisland New Member

Thinking of you and hoping for a Great out come in your Favor! This To shall pass,,,,,,,,,,,Praying for you! so Glad your Son is there to help you!,,,,,,,,,,,,,s
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Dear Suzan,

I am so sorry that it came to this. However, now you know the facts or at least most of them (that he will fess up to)just that he wants out. Sounds fishy since you have done so much for him all these years even though your are aill and not feeling good, like most of us here.

Just do what you said you were going to do about getting a lawyer and getting yourself in order as much as you can.

Sorry, I have to run to church and will be back later on.

Just keep thinking about you. I know how it was with my dd - although she was the one who wanted out - but for very good reasons.

God bless and so glad you have your son working along with you.