Now being sent to PT....for MPS...is this normal...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cinlou, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

for them to do? I have been going to Pain Management since late April. He has given me 2 epidurals in neck and one in lumbar, and I have had at least 4 sets of Trigger injections. The epidurals were for DDD.

He wants to send me to PT 3 times a week for 6 weeks! This is going to be sooo stressful, with the gas prices and all. There goes my summer break! I'll have to return to work in 6 weeks!!!

He gave me trigger injections today in the neck trapises(sp) after wards I felt so light headed. He grabbed me and layed me down flat on the table. It was like being drunk! It was just awful!

He asked me how much his treatment has helped. I just don't know how to answer. Some days I feel ok, then the next day I'm dying, so I answered 60% better.

His says they are going to teach me at PT to learn relaxation for my neck and shoulders.

Have any of you done this? Does it sound like he wants to get rid of me? I am just so tired of the pain. The DDD, FMS and the MPS.

My sleep has improved alot, and I know that is half the battle.

I know I have to show improvement in order for insurance to continue to pay for everything he is doing. He wants me back in 2 weeks.

Sorry this is so long, I just need to vent, I'm crying now I feel so at the mercy of this DD.
    Thanks Message Board for being here.
    Cindy

[This Message was Edited on 06/21/2006]
  2. mje

mje New Member

My best bet after much pain and tight muscles has been therapuetic massage therapy. The massage had been painful too, but by staying with it, I have had relief after many years. I don't know of any insurance that pays, so have
    had to pay out of pocket. Earlier massage from another therapist was only slightly helpful.. therapeutic needs to go deeper! Good luck. MJE
  3. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

MJE,
    Yes, thank you for your reply. I do go to a great MT that does deep tissue, cranial sacral, and lymphatic massage.

It does help, alot. My insurance will pay a portion of the cost, but you have to go to their MT. I checked into it. I decided to stick with mine, who they will not pay. So is all out of my pocket. I go tomorrow and I am so sore on my neck and back from the trigger inj. I will have him do my lower back. Thanks again...
    Cindy
    [This Message was Edited on 06/21/2006]