Now For Some Good News

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Seeseaisme, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

Hey ya all,

Just wanted to say I've had so much enjoyment in posting on the message board and chatting on line with everyone these past few weeks. I will go back to work on Monday, Aug. 29 and won't get to do it as often as I was.

I went on short term disability through my employer from 8/9 til 8/29. Only 20 days, but oh what a difference. I was recently diagnosed with adrenal fatigue. I have fibro also and a whole medical dictionary of problems (see profile), if you want. Anyway, my nurse practioner is so smart, she has prescribed dietary supplements for my adrenal fatigue: Vitamin C, B complex, dhea and iron.

I was coherced into going on the guafenesin protocol. Call if blackmail if you will, but the nurse said she would sign my paperwork if I'd do it. The guafenesin protocol is not a hard thing. I had some pain last week, like the beginning of a flare, but I'm ok now. I was taking 300mg 2x day. Last night I uped it to 300mg 3x day, experimenting I guess. I have to find my dose and I really hate that, since I was feeling "good" already, but I'm anxious to get these devils out of me. (haahaa)

On Tuesday, this week, I had my first mircocurrent session. You can learn about this treatment by looking it up on the search. Just put microcurrent in topic and pull it up by title and read the posts. Microcurrent is working for me. It is great so far.

I know that this is long, but I just wanted to share my update with you and let you know that I'm feeling better for now. I should with the combination of treatments, don't you think.

Well, next Monday will be my first day back at 40hr weeks beginning at 5am and ending at l:30pm. We'll see how it goes. I'm not saying I'm perfect or a superwoman. I just know I'm better today. As we all know with this dd it could change tommorrow.

So I'm posting this to let you all know where I am and how I'm doing. I'll have time to check the replies over the next few days.

Wishing you lots of joy in you day.
  2. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

i really hope this cotinues to work out for you.
    try not to over do it when you go back to work.
    take care of your self,smiffy
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

I always get such a thrill hearing about other members feeling better !!! Way to go !

I take guafenesin too. Not quite coerced, more like it slipped in through the back door.

1200 mgs 2xd is what I use to prevent fluid build up in sinus' and inner ears. ( It has 60 mgs of DM too.)I figure it has had a hand in my feeling better even though I don't ridgely adhere to the guai protocal.

I always appreciate hearing about different treatments. I'm going to look uo "microcurrent" in a sec.

Good luck when you head back to work. 40 hours is alot right off the bat. ( But I'm the type that prefers to ease into things. LOL ) Getting off work as early as you do must help with those afternoon naps though, huh ?1

Thanks for the kind words. I love this board too. I credit my improved health to all the generous sharing of information that takes place here on a daily basis. Of course, the unconditional support is worth platnium and gold together!

Thanks for up-dating us. I'll be thinking about you as you head back to work. Fingers crossed for your continued better health.

Elsa
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

For pain or for ridding the body of pathogens? It works for both at different wave lengths. I use it for killing pathogens at home; I have my own zapper. It's not as sophisticated as the machines at the practitioners' offices, but it works. When it's zapping, I feel very serene.

I'm glad things are working for you. When you find just the right dose of the Guai, it will really help over time.

Keep us updated.

Love, Mikie
  5. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

Smiffy, I wondered how do I go about seeing your wedding pictures, I went to you profile and saw your dalmations? Congratulations on your recent marriage.

Elsa, Thanks for your well wishes. We guais (guys haha) have to watch out for each other.

Mikie, as far as I know the microcurrent is for both. I'll ask about that next Monday. After my lst day of work I go to the doc's for another microcurrent session. The tech that did it told me it would get rid of the bad stuff and help with pain? I'll check that out, but I think it's for both pain and to kill pathogens? Thanks Charlotte
    [This Message was Edited on 08/25/2005]
  6. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

bump for happiness
  7. Megumi

Megumi New Member

Good luck on your new job!!! I'm starting one myself Aug 31. It's been a year since I've worked, except for a part-time job for 3 months earlier this year.

I've been feeling so good I really hate having to risk it but, such is life in the material world. Am just hoping that going back to work full time doesn't blow that feeling good for me.

Let us know how you are doing from time to time.

Again - good luck!!
  8. Megumi

Megumi New Member

Good luck on your new job!!! I'm starting one myself Aug 31. It's been a year since I've worked, except for a part-time job for 3 months earlier this year.

I've been feeling so good I really hate having to risk it but, such is life in the material world. Am just hoping that going back to work full time doesn't blow that feeling good for me.

Let us know how you are doing from time to time.

Again - good luck!!
  9. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

thanks for the congrats,i exchanged my dally pic for my wedding pic,i will post another wedding pic soon.
  10. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

Thanks for wishing me well. I just wanted to let you know it's not a new job, but just returning to work. I hope you do well also. All we can do is try.

Thanks, Charlotte