Now have a pic of carved Santa ornament in profile

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Greenbean7, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Here's a new one. Had actually forgotten about this one until I saw the pic. Now I need to carve a couple more of them.

I'll post my Santa face on a wooden egg in a couple of days.

2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

What a greta face. Love Annie Cromwell
  3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

That is a great wooden Santa. He has a kind of stoic look about him, or he looks like it's extremely cold where he is!

Keep carving.
  4. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Greenbean!

Love the Santa! I wish I could do this but I would probably removed a thumb or two!

Oh I got to smell some puppies on the weekend! My niece was visiting and she had two collie mix pups! They were adorable! I know you would appreciate the wonderful smell of puppy breath! LOL

hugs Redwillow
  5. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Thank you all, and Carla, the puppies are wonderful. They ran all over the hay field in the snow last night and had a wonderful time.

I'm just finishing up a couple of Santa's that are a little different. One is a shelf sitter (say that real fast 3 times) and the other is standing. The one that is sitting is styled after the English Santa version and the other is the Chec version.

If I can get a pic I will post it when they are done. Started painting them last night and hope to finish up tonight. Those and a new snowman are my gifts for the secret Santa exchange at work.

Stop and smell the puppies!
  6. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

He's lovely!
  7. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

Greenbean he is so nostalgic looking. I love that. You do great work. Keep it up. I would love to see more when you get the others done.

I am with you, the smell of fresh washed puppies or kittens is the best. And the feel is so soft you just want to pet them all day.

It is like when you take a warm, soft towel out of the dryer and wish it would stay that warm so you could just hold it and smell it all day!

Or the blanket you washed and dryed and when you take it out of the dryer and wrap up in it until the warm goes away.

Okay, sorry got a little off track there. Kind of lost in a dream type thing. You keep on carving and painting and smelling those puppies.

I hope I am not alone with the dryer thing because if I am, well I might want to consider therapy! Nope, think I will stick with it!

Take care and kitten hugs,
    Blessed Be,
  8. LorieG

LorieG New Member

how talented you are!!!! Beautiful...absolutely beautiful!!!! I love stuff like that!

9. sues1

sues1 New Member

I love them all........Santa has a old fashioned look and I love that!

Susan OH......Merry Christmas!
  10. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I mostly carve in bass wood. I use some butternut, which is a little harder to carve.

I've also used Tupelo and another that, of course, I can't remember.

My favorite is cotton wood bark. After Christmas when I finish another "elf house" in cotton wood I will try to post a pic of one. I may have a pick of earlier ones, but I'm not sure.

Thank you all for your kind words. I have wanted to learn to carve for years and my DH bought me the tools for Christmas three years ago. It's become my passion.

Eventually I hope to learn to use my scroll saw he got me two years ago for Christmas so I can make those pretty cute out Christmas ornaments and try my hand at intarsia (I don't know how to spell it, let alone do it!)

PS It would be a wonderful day to curl up in that warm just out of the dryer blankie! It's 15 degrees here!

Stop and smell the puppies!
  11. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

Greenbean, I love that. He's sort of a peaceful just want to look at him and go aww. Very classic.

I want to huggle it! :p
  12. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Hi Greenbean - I love it too. You have great talent!

Our son started wood carving a few months ago with his Grandfather and they are currently carving Angels and Santa's.

We went this weekend to a carving show and met some other carvers and were just amazed at the beautiful work.