Now I know why my head almost exploded

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

It was the nitro-bid I put on my nails for my raynauds.

I just posted a message on the raynauds message board and a good friend told me the stuff gave him the worst headache ever.

Well that explains it all.

Thanks God it's not a tumor.

But unfortunately I still have to go into have that mri tomorrow.That is not going to feel well.My neck and the back of my head hurt.Laying there for 45 minutes is going to be tough.

Thaks to all who helped me out.You all are the best!

Sheila
  2. kim840

kim840 New Member

I had a panic attack 2 years ago. Not knowing what it was I called 911. They hospitalized me as a precaution for a couple of days to do heart tests. They put a Nitro Patch on my chest. I got the worst headache of my life. It would not go away!! Finally after 2 days, a nurse told me that it MIGHT BE the nitro patch!!! Sure enough, when it came off my headache went away. She said that the further away from your heart they put it the better. So, if anyone has to have one, ask that it be put on your hip. That might help with the headache.

Who would have known that it could effect you through your nails????

3. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

SInce I posted this on the raynauds message board several have posted back complaining of the awful headaches.I didn't read the little handbook that came with..yep it had a handbook.Most common side effect is headches.
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Headaches are usually absent or very mild. Those searing headaches are usually cluster or migraine or allergic like yours. The only exception is brain bleed which would knock you almost unconscious. Poor you Sheila, I will avoid same med. Did they ever do thatoil on cuticle then crape test re the Raynauds.

Love AnneC