NOW I understand FOOTBALL explained to me by another blonde

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Oct 25, 2007.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

Football FINALLY makes sense to me after all these years!! And it took another blonde to explain it clearly to me!

She recently went to her first football game with her BF, who she really likes, but neither she nor I have ever really understood the game.

I called her up after her date to see how things went; she was really happy because she was able to figure it all out on her own and impress her BF, altho she thought the point of the game was rather stupid. I asked her to please explain it to me, because I've never been able to understand it.

She told me that while of course the best part for her was watching all these hunks in tight pants run around, she just couldn't understand why they were killing each other over a measly 25 cents when they made such huge salaries.

I asked her how could she tell that was what they were fighting over. She gave me the clearest explanation I've ever heard:

"Well, they flipped a coin, one team got it and then for the rest of the game, all they kept screaming was:

'Get the quarterback! Get the quarterback!' --

I'm like...Hellooooo?!? -- It's ONLY 25 cents!!!!

I'm sure glad my DH doesn't like football. What a stupid game....

2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

That's about all I understand about football too.

3. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

That about sums up my knowledge of it too.

4. laceymae

laceymae New Member

I had to learn about football...I was a cheerleader in highschool. We were cheering for the offense and one of our players turned to us and said...we are the defense. I went home and got a book and had a fast course in football.

5. victoria

victoria New Member

well I truly really don't understand it, and I think I am glad neither my husband nor our son like it... they do like boxing, which is at least totally understandable?!

But since we live in a rabid football-crazy college town, it does make us sort of outsiders forever more...

[This Message was Edited on 10/26/2007]