Now I'm getting worried

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dzlady, Jan 22, 2011.

1. dzlady

dzlady New Member

My dr office called me yesterday and wants me to wait and see if this ulnar nerve numbness goes away. I did some research this evening on leaving it untreated. What I found has me worried now. The ER said I needed to have an MRI done, but didnt note it in the ER report.

Anyhow, this is what I found upon researching...
    One of the most common causes of this condition is disease or injury of the cervical spine. If the nerve is seriously damaged, there are chances that a person may be immobilized for life. Another common cause of this condition includes brachial plexus. Brachial plexus is a complex system of nerve fibers, which originates from the spinal cord and runs through the neck to the arm. In case there's an abnormality in the elbow such as fractures, plate injuries, etc. it may cause damage to the ulnar nerve. Other reasons for damage to this nerve include blood clot in the arteries in the places where the nerve runs, rheumatism, hypothyroidism, diabetes and tumors. (

Now I dont know if I should wait or not. What do you think? Its been a week tomorrow that my fingers have been numb.

2. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

In my opinion, if it's intermittent and starting to go away, I would not worry. I've had a pinched nerve for up to five days at a time, and it went away. But if it's completely constant, and not letting up, there's probably something more going on than just you positioning your arm different/the wrong way. :(