Now it's official. I have fibro.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by diricha, Nov 5, 2002.

1. diricha

diricha New Member

Saw the rheumy this morning. My last labs were normal, so the diagnosis is fibro. I feel awful today. I worked 60 hours last week (took lots of Ultram). Today its cold and rainy and I hurt all over. The doc told me to quit working so much and get my rest. Easier said than done. I did come home early today though. I'm glad to finally have a definitive diagnosis. I feel like I can move forward now.
  2. diricha

diricha New Member

Saw the rheumy this morning. My last labs were normal, so the diagnosis is fibro. I feel awful today. I worked 60 hours last week (took lots of Ultram). Today its cold and rainy and I hurt all over. The doc told me to quit working so much and get my rest. Easier said than done. I did come home early today though. I'm glad to finally have a definitive diagnosis. I feel like I can move forward now.
  3. Granolamom

Granolamom New Member

I too was recently diagnosed. Am just glad to finally kow what the hell is wrong with me. It is cold and raining here too. Where do you live? I live in Tennessee.

Welcome, sorry your have to be here.
    Granolamom
  4. ladyscarlett

ladyscarlett New Member

Hi Diricha...

Do you feel relieved?
    I was diagnosed in may, however after the doctor said the word, and I found out what it meant, he never wanted to discuss it with me....he has decided there is nothign he can do for me
    So finally I got him last week to get me an referral for a Rhuematologist too
    So my first appt is Dec 5th
    I am just exhausted all the time...

But I just want to make sure of WHAT I had in 1980 I was diagnosed with Rhuematoid Arthritis...so I want an update if you know what i mean

Feel free to email me...ladyscarlett@yahoo.com
    if you need a friend...I run a support group for Fibro andhave quite a few ladies...and always room for more

Much Love LadyScarlett
    [This Message was Edited on 11/05/2002]
  5. s43

s43 New Member

to be told that you are suffering with something, and that u are truly not going mad.Take care sha