Now I've got pneumonia!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sheried, Aug 17, 2005.

1. sheried

sheried New Member

Just when I start feeling a little better--WHAM.

Confirmed yesterday. Started Levaquin and expectrant. If I'm better tomorrow I don't have to be admitted to the hospital for the heavy duty antibiotics. Going back to bed now.

Hugs,
    Sherie
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

saying I was happy that you are feeling better. With these DD's if it isn't one thing.......

I hope that you feel better soon, Sherie. Levaquin is a pretty powerful antibiotic. It should knock out all those pneumonia nasties. Take care of yourself.

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  3. ronter7

ronter7 New Member

hey-sorry to hear about the pneumonia. i've been fighting strep throat and pinkeye for the 4 days-- i'm miserable too! guess we just need to take care of ourselves and get plenty of rest. hope the levaquin works for ya- it would be even worse to end up in the hospital. will say a prayer for ya.
    ronda
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

IS strong stuff, as someone said. I hate to have to take it, but it should knock that pneumonia out! I had it for a very bad sinus infection recently, and in five days I was much, much better---with other older antibiotics it took me weeks or months (literally) to improve from a sinus infection.

Good luck, I hope you are doing better real soon!!

(((Gentle Hugs)))
    Pam
  5. cbs1234

cbs1234 New Member

if you begin to feel any unusual nerve pains or tendon/joint pains, carefully consider STOPPING the drug immediately or you may regret it.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/18/2005]
  6. sheried

sheried New Member

Just shakey and coughing. Coughing is good, even though it hurts like all get out. At least this crap is finally breaking up.

My son overslept this morning and missed the school bus and I just didn't have the energy to deal with it. It's been a nice lazy day for both of us. He made pancakes for lunch and we are laying around (me sleeping) and watching movies. I guess a day now and then doesn't hurt. He hasn't been sleeping well with me being sick.

Thank you all for being there. I'm gonna kick this junk one way or another.

Hugs,
    Sherie