Now my realtor thinks she can help "cure" me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by painandagony, May 30, 2006.

1. painandagony

painandagony New Member

UUgghh. I need to vent. My husband and I have to move for his business and it is about killing me. I am so exhausted, beyond belief. Anyway, I told my realtor today that I need 24 hour notice if someone wants to come see our place in the morning, because I have a chronic illness and don't get out of bed/answer the phone, anything until noon everday.

She then asks if I have one of those 'pooped out' illnesses? I told her I have cfs and her first comment was, "I think I have it too, but I just keep pushing". I told her "no, you don't have it. you wouldn't be able to push yourself if you had it." I went on to tell her a few things about how it has affected me, etc. So then she tells me she is going to ask her significant other's doctor what he would recommend and she thinks he'll be able to help. I told her I appreciate that but I've really tried everything I can afford at this point, I do a lot of research on the internet, etc. She wouldn't let it go, she is going to look into it for me. Oh yea, she also said when she met me I looked like I was healthy and ready to do somersalts down the hallway and out the window. What?

I know it's no big deal and usually i can blow it off, but I am so tired these days and I wasn't expecting a big convo about it with her. She also said that when I initially told her i was here every morning she thought wow, what a nice life. People just assume.

Thanks, I just needed to vent. I know you all go through this all the time as well.

Thanks for listening...
  2. mom4three

mom4three New Member

I had a realtor who too tried to cure me.

She would email all kinds of info and this sugar. And then she would say she had a friend of a friend who has it and did this and this and is better.
    *rolls eyes*
    I would tell her look I appreciate your concern but I have had this since 98 don't you think if there was a cure I would be cured by now???

I share your frustration.
    Good lick on your house
    Tracy
  3. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

I am sorry I know this is harsh but I would fire her if I were you!

It is none of her business!

Again sorry so harsh but this is one thing that gets under my skin...People who take it upon themselves to "cure" us!

((HUGS))

kate
  4. painandagony

painandagony New Member

Thanks! How weird you had a realtor like this too. Somedays this stuff just gets to me. I told my husband and he said "she just doesn't understand". Yea, well I'm sick of people not understanding and then thinking after my 18 years of research they're going to go and find a way to help me in one phone call. Yea. My husband wants to keep her on - he can deal with her. Plus, she sells these condominiums all the time and i know she is great at it.

thanks for helping me vent.
  5. diva42597

diva42597 New Member

Okay...I am in real estate as well and that is not acceptable!!! I would never attempt to "cure" a client because I am not a doctor! Actually, by law the only thing realtors are allowed to do for their clients is handle their real estate transactions. To her defense she is just trying to be helpful, but she is being very rude and inconsiderate about doing so. Unfortunately some of my profession just cares about getting more business, not the actual wellfare of the client. If you signed a listing agreement with this realtor you have an employment contract. You have the legal right to expect good service and care in this transaction. She cannot legally show the house or even put a sign in the yard unless she has your informed consent. If you don't have a lockbox on the house, she needs to go through you to get in and show the house. If she was smart, she would do so in a courteous way, unfortunately, she seems as if she is only concerned about her commission. If I were you I would contact the realtor's broker directly and bring this problem up. Most brokers would rather keep your business and assign you to a new agent than lose your business altogether. Depending on the stipulations of your contract her behavior could result in a breach of contract. Reguardless, your exclusive listing agreement is with the broker, not the realtor. Therefore, if you bring up these problems with the broker, at the very least he/she will identify your concerns to the realtor. I wish you luck. I hope this helps.

Kristen
  6. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Back in the early days, my grandma thought red grapes and vitamins would cure me.

My other grandma is the opposite. Instead of suggesting things to help, she just doggs on everything I do. My aunt said I was "killing myself with suppliments."

Well, my family's down to me, dad and my brothers now.
    ((thanks))
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

have the idea that you will be more dependent on them and not so likely to change when the contract is up if they're offering advice, etc...

and some are just good-hearted too and do really want to help.

Hard to tell the difference tho, sometimes!

When my Dad died and I put my parents' house up for sale for my Mom, one realtor tried to act very motherly to me! That was the last thing I needed or wanted, sheesh! and did not hire her as a result.

We are currently trying to sell our house, and our realtor totally abides by the 24 hour notice condition, altho I also told her she could call on shorter notice as it may be possible to do it now that we have a helper coming in to watch my MIL with dementia who now lives with us... she's gotten our place really cleaned up as time progressed... YAY~

But our realtor has the extra burden of me blocking the windows, so the exceptional view is not visible ( since I am doing the marshall protocol.) .. LOL, talk about difficult clients - ME! (But I did take them down so she could at least take pics to put online!)

Anyway, if she is already too much of a burden, look at your contract and see if you can change... if not, limit your contact, just tell her you're too ill to do more than what is absolutely necessary, and if she doesn't listen, I'd talk to the owner of the agency as Kristen/Diva advised above; if that doesn't work, I'd report her to the realty state board, etc....

all the best,
    Victoria
  8. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Maybe you could do something she totally would not expect.Do you have any pamphlets about FM/CFS or anything that you have a copy of that you have found when you've researched about it?
    Give her something and tell her to give it to that Doctor after she reads it. Educating who ever, when ever is going to be the only thing that might bring us a little peace with people like this.(know it alls)
    Tell her if she really wants to help to donate a % of her earnings from the sale of your home to CFS/FM awareness programs.Maybe even their office would make a donation.
  9. woofmom

woofmom New Member

She needs to talk to the man I live with. I finally suggested that he should become the surgeon general. Then I suggested he go back to just passing gas cause he's a lot better at it.
  10. victoria

victoria New Member

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

V
  11. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

*snort* Good thing I was not drinking water.

Oh my gosh that is hilarious!! LOL

You always have great comeback with people.

LOL ooooh myy gosh....