Now What

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueMoon, Sep 9, 2002.

1. BlueMoon

BlueMoon New Member

I have had enough of this! Been in bed for over 4 months & no end in sight! Now the docs gave me a back brace. It is supposed to help with the pain in My back & hips. Well the stupid thing makes me feel worst! It does not sit right, it digs into me. Spent 2 hours getting fitted for this thing yeasterday & it sucks! I only go out of the house to see the doc or if I have too. Spending 2 hours trying to get this stupid thing fitted right was a waist of My energy & stranght! Spent all evening crying to My hubby that I have had enough & nothing is helping. The docs want me to have surgery on My hip & back & I'm not conveinced that it will help & there is NO WAY I will have surgery in a flare up & no one understands that! (well, My hubby does! Thank God for Steve!)I'm in dier need of a remission! Don't think I can take much more of this flare! I am a VERY strong person but, I'm at My wits end with this flare! I have had it! I am so sensitive To what anyone says, all I do is cry. I want SO BAD To feel better & go out & do something! I keep trying, but, it sets me back with every try! I also feel so Bad for Steve! He has to care for me & see me like this everyday. I know he loves me. It's just not fair! All I want is to be able to stand in the kitchen & cook him dinner! Do some laundry or even clean something. I miss soo much being outside with My Goats! Everytime I do go out to see them, they are so happy to see Me that some jump up on me & then I'm done for the day! I just want to be somewhat normal for a few days! Please someone tell me what it is like to do something & not be in pain. It's been so long I forgot! I have nothing but pain in my life. I want to feel better please!

Thanx for letting Vent,
    Robin
  2. BlueMoon

BlueMoon New Member

I have had enough of this! Been in bed for over 4 months & no end in sight! Now the docs gave me a back brace. It is supposed to help with the pain in My back & hips. Well the stupid thing makes me feel worst! It does not sit right, it digs into me. Spent 2 hours getting fitted for this thing yeasterday & it sucks! I only go out of the house to see the doc or if I have too. Spending 2 hours trying to get this stupid thing fitted right was a waist of My energy & stranght! Spent all evening crying to My hubby that I have had enough & nothing is helping. The docs want me to have surgery on My hip & back & I'm not conveinced that it will help & there is NO WAY I will have surgery in a flare up & no one understands that! (well, My hubby does! Thank God for Steve!)I'm in dier need of a remission! Don't think I can take much more of this flare! I am a VERY strong person but, I'm at My wits end with this flare! I have had it! I am so sensitive To what anyone says, all I do is cry. I want SO BAD To feel better & go out & do something! I keep trying, but, it sets me back with every try! I also feel so Bad for Steve! He has to care for me & see me like this everyday. I know he loves me. It's just not fair! All I want is to be able to stand in the kitchen & cook him dinner! Do some laundry or even clean something. I miss soo much being outside with My Goats! Everytime I do go out to see them, they are so happy to see Me that some jump up on me & then I'm done for the day! I just want to be somewhat normal for a few days! Please someone tell me what it is like to do something & not be in pain. It's been so long I forgot! I have nothing but pain in my life. I want to feel better please!

Thanx for letting Vent,
    Robin
  3. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

You are an inspiration to us who know you as the cheerful & wacky (sorry, but facts are facts, ma'am!, lol) Robin who is so quick w/ an encouraging word to those in need. Hang in there and do not thank us for letting you vent...that's what this board is all about.

As far as the back brace, my niece was fitted w/ a back brace & it took her a little while to get used to it,,,and yes, she was in tears too. Call the doctor today & tell them the problem...did they fit you with it sitting as well as standing? Or have Steve call.

There will be a special message in my morning post for you. Take care. Gentle hugs, Michele

[ advertisement ]