NPR Morning Edition 1/10/11, coming up!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by victoria, Jan 5, 2011.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

One of our members, who I didn't even know was a member here til I mentioned reading about her new book "How To Be Sick" -Toni Bernhard -will read a commentary she wrote for NPR... I'm sure it will be good.

I am so happy that NPR is giving time to this, tho I'm usually not awake in time to hear it air. I just checked NPRs schedule, however: you can listen to what aired afterwards. (good luck Toni!)

all the best,
    Victoria
  2. spacee

spacee Member

I hope all my relatives hear it :) Do us proud! I know you will :)
  3. 013101

013101 New Member

Thanks so much for posting this, Victoria. I want you to be prepared though that I wasn't able to talk about ME/CFS. It's a short commentary and they wanted me to focus on how I came to terms with being chronically ill -- more of my personal story. I've been doing some radio interviews though and never pass up the chance to raise ME/CFS awareness!
  4. 013101

013101 New Member

but...as I told Victoria, be that I wasn't able to talk about ME/CFS. It's a short commentary and they wanted me to focus on how I came to terms with being chronically ill -- more of my personal story. I've been some radio interviews though and never pass up the chance to raise ME/CFS awareness. Thanks so much for your support.
  5. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

I just send you a mail a few days ago and again today . It has been a long time since I heard from you. Hope your doing ok.

hugs Karinaxx
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

So sorry, I've got a letter on 'draft' to you from when I got your invitation/letter that I never seem to get to be able to finish.... hopefully I'll be able to hit 'send' by tomorrow :)
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

Sorry that you got bumped, let us all know when you get rescheduled...
  8. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

I didn't know you were on this site. I have read your book and thoroughly enjoyed it. My buddhist friend bought one for herself, me and another friend. When she read it, she said it described me perfectly that she bought me a book. She didn't know I had ME/CFS.

Ironically, she has been extremely fatigued and is testing high for hhv6 and cmv. She is now in the process of finding out if she has this disease.

You really gave a great view of what our lives are like. Thanks for writing it as I know it must have been difficult.

We look forward to hearing you on NPR. I called and told her you were going to be on.. I will tell it is rescheduled.