NPR to have program on CFIDS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by teach6, Sep 28, 2002.

1. teach6

teach6 New Member

I just received the following info from my local support group. If you are interested you can even call in for input.

Barbara

"The Infinite Mind," a national public radio program, is producing a segment on chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), also known as chronic fatigue and immune dysfunction syndrome (CFIDS). The program is hosted by Dr. Fred Goodwin, a former head of the National Institute of Mental Health.

The segment, scheduled to air on October 9, will cover a range of CFIDS topics, including some popular misconceptions; what body systems are involved; what it feels like to have the illness; and what current research is revealing. Guests will include CFIDS medical experts, several patients and The CFIDS Association of America's President and CEO Kim Kenney.

The producer of the weekly program, Emily Fisher, would like to invite callers to ask questions, voice concerns and/or share personal experience during the show's taping at noon on Wednesday October 2. She will be screening callers on Friday, Monday and Tuesday. If you would like to be considered as a call-in guest, phone Ms. Fisher at 212-967-1200, ext. 14.

2. teach6

teach6 New Member

I just received the following info from my local support group. If you are interested you can even call in for input.

Barbara

"The Infinite Mind," a national public radio program, is producing a segment on chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), also known as chronic fatigue and immune dysfunction syndrome (CFIDS). The program is hosted by Dr. Fred Goodwin, a former head of the National Institute of Mental Health.

The segment, scheduled to air on October 9, will cover a range of CFIDS topics, including some popular misconceptions; what body systems are involved; what it feels like to have the illness; and what current research is revealing. Guests will include CFIDS medical experts, several patients and The CFIDS Association of America's President and CEO Kim Kenney.

The producer of the weekly program, Emily Fisher, would like to invite callers to ask questions, voice concerns and/or share personal experience during the show's taping at noon on Wednesday October 2. She will be screening callers on Friday, Monday and Tuesday. If you would like to be considered as a call-in guest, phone Ms. Fisher at 212-967-1200, ext. 14.

3. teach6

teach6 New Member

for those who haven't seen it.
  4. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

I hope I can find the station & tune in!!!!!!
  5. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

what time will the program air? Tanks! Al
  6. teach6

teach6 New Member

I just got an update saying that in my area it will be on at 5 AM, which is not a time I choose to be awake.
    Since it is a taped show the times will vary from station to station. You can hunt for the website for the show which is The Infinite Mind. There may be more info there on times in other places.

Barbara