NT Factor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AuntTammie, May 8, 2009.

1. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

anyone heard of this or tried it?
  2. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, Aunt Tammie.

I think there is good evidence from the work of Dr. Garth Nicolson and others that NT Factor will help to repair the phospholipid membranes in the cells, including the mitochondrial membrane, which suffers a lot of damage in CFS because of the oxidative stress.

I also think that it is important to stop the damage process so that the membranes can be brought back to normal. To do this, the oxidative stress has to be stopped. According to my hypothesis, that will require bringing glutathione back up to normal, which in turn will require lifting the methylation cycle block. I have discussed a treatment to do this many times on the board, and it can be found in the archives.

Just taking NT Factor without stopping the damage process will probably do some good in CFS, but I think it's a little like trying to repair a house that has suffered from a fire before totally putting out the fire.

Best regards,

3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I am pretty familiar with your hypothesis, and really appreciate all the research you have done and all that you have posted on here. It makes a lot of sense when I am thinking clearly, and it gives me some hope. Unfortunately, it's financially impossible for me to afford the testing at this time. I hope to be able to do so at some point.....that said, I am feeling kind of foggy now, so I'm sorry if this should be obvious, but based on what you just wrote, would it make sense to fix the methylation problem and then try the NT factor, or would fixing the methylation process make the NT factor unnecessary?
  4. m1she11e

m1she11e New Member

Hi Aunt Tammie,

I am not sure what to fix first with this whole mess we are in, BUT... I did take NT factor about a year or so ago and felt an over all increase in energy by about 30%. It took about 4 weeks I think. I know it is not an instant boost. Then it is subtle but steady. Others commented that I seemed to be feeling better as well.

It is interesting that you brought it up as I have been comparing pricing again. You do have to load your dose at first and it is not cheap. Maybe that is why I stopped taking it. It was also hard to get at the time. I am going to start taking it again for sure!

5. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i once bought propax with NT factor. it was really expensive. i only took it a few times when i started seeing dr. lerner, who doesn't allow those sorts of supplements.

my mom, who was 73, ended up taking it, and she did notice her endurance increase.