Nucynta report...not sure about this one!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Saoirse3, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

Maybe it's early in the game, but after three days on the Nucynta, I don't like how it makes me feel AT ALL! I HAVE to be able to function and this makes me so zoned out that I feel like an extra from Night of the Living Dead! I took my first pill Friday night. Slept like a rock and woke up at noon Saturday, padded into the kitchen hitting every wall on the way and managed to eat a bowl of cereal. My husband asked if I wanted to see a movie and I said okay. Fell asleep in the movie theater and slept through the movie! I THINK I ate dinner, but I couldn't tell you what it was. Took another one Monday morning and again - zonkers. That's when I put them up on the shelf and thought "I can't do this. I HAVE to be awake and alert." But did it help the pain? No, actually, no more than my usual routine. Pain levels didn't seem to diminish all that much, and for the price of this little gold mine, at least for ME, it isn't worth it. I was so hoping to find something that was relatively safe and wouldn't do any more liver damage. This isn't it.

Soft hugs,
  2. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

you had such a rough time on the Nucynta. I love it. Yes, it zones me out a little but nowhere near what you were going through. I take one about 6 in the morning and lay back down till the alarm goes off at 6:45. I can get out of bed and shower and get to work. I'm sleepy most of the day but the pain is hardly even noticeable. I agree with sleeping like a rock! I took one last night with 1/2 of a Trazadone and I have never slept better! I hope you find something that works for you (and doesn't cost you an arm and a leg!). Prayers go out to you!

3. tigerlily0677

tigerlily0677 New Member

What is Nucynta? Is it a sleep aid or is it a fibro med?