Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Jun 23, 2012.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Has anyone tried this medication? My doctor gave me a prescription for it but I haven't had it filled. If anyone has taken it, I would really like some comments on it. I'm sure everyone has been given something "new" and, even though I have done a search on it, I would like to know how it works if anyone has tried it.

Thank you all so much!

2. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

but one thing, at least for me, is that if I took one on Sunday, I'd see you on Tuesday. It knocked me completely out for at least two days. I tried cutting one in half, but it seemed to lose it's effectiveness altogether if you cut it up. It also made me itch so bad that I couldn't sleep well, because I was scratching. My doctor told me to take 2 Benadryl half an hour before I took the Nucynta. And if I continued to itch, take another one. I called her one morning and said "How many Benadryl before I stop itching?"

To me, if you have to take six pills to counteract one, plus not being able to function for two days is just not worth it. I couldn't stay awake long enough to eat and I barely made it to the bathroom.

Plus the fact, they aren't cheap. Even with BCBS and Medicare, the doctor gave me a card and it was still $30. With the card you can only use it 3 times in a year. God only knows what it costs without the card.

That's just my experience. But everyone is different, so if you have a much stronger ability than I do to tolerate it, it may work for you. My body seems to be able to count the number of Grape Nuts I have in the bowl, it's so sensitive! LOL!

Soft hugs,
  3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Thank you both so much! I am afraid to try it, also, since it's so expensive, I don't want to pay so much money for it. I'm not so sure about this since it makes you sleepy; I already have anemia and find it difficult to stay awake already. If I decide to take it, I will come back and let you know how it did.

Again, thank you for the input!

4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Well, I gave it a try; my doctor prescribed 2 75mg tablets a day, however, one does fine. It does help with my pain and it doesn't knock me out, thank goodness. It works fine for me along with the 40mgs of methadone a day. I don't think that's too many or too much for my system. It works fine and doesn't make me sleepy or anything.

I also looked up the ingredients; I did not want anything with tylenol in it and it doesn't contain tylenol in it.

Thank you all for the input on this med.

5. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

So glad it worked out for you. And thank you for the information. Hugs, MicheleK