Numb and Tingley Left Hand and Fingers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Feb 3, 2006.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I have been experiencing the above for three weeks. My finger tips feel numb and are very cold at times. It also affects my palm.

This is very irritating, and gets on my 'nerves', as well as being uncomfortable.

Tuesday, I went to see a Chiropracter and had first treatment yesterday. I have many degenerative discs in my neck area. I will see her twice a week for 3 weeks. Would the xrays she took, be able to see a pinched nerve? Could that cause problems in the hand?

If you have had experienced anything like this, please share with me!

Thank you..

Kim
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Have you been tested for this? Also, if you have apinched nerve it can cause this, plus if you are having pain chest too see DOCTOR NOW.

Love Anne
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

No heart attack symptoms, thank heaven! I have read about Raynauds, and if it doesn't clear up very soon, I will go to my family doctor.

It feels like there could be a pinched nerve somewhere..

Oh, the whoas of aging!

Hugs,

Kim
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

it sounds very much like it could be a pinched nerve. I don't think the xrays would show the nerve, but if there were areas that impinged on the nerve space, that might be a good indication. Also, it's only in your left hand, not both. That seems like it would also be an indication of a nerve thing.

Poor Kim! What will the Chiro do to help? How will she help your degenerative discs or does she intend to? Seems like that would be in an orthropedic docs realm.

Anyway, take care. Hope you are "feeling" better today!
    (-:

Love,
    Sue
  5. zoemurr

zoemurr New Member

and have off and on for years. I have started seeing a chiro too. When it's bad I tell her and she does an adjustment, and massages it with the percusser (a big electrical thing) and it's usually better that afternoon. No idea why it happends (or my 20 other problems :) but this is one she is able to fix.
  6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I appreciate your replies!

After one 'adjustment' at the Chiro... the areas she has worked on do feel better. As for those discs, I know I don't want to go to an ortho doc for now. If my hand does not stop feeling the way it is. I will seek further help!

I am so tired of appointments! Still haven't rescheduled my mammo and a time to see my oncologist. There are so many other appointments, but I know this is one I need to get on top of!

Thanks to you all!

Love,

Kim