Numb Areas

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Aug 5, 2006.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Can anyone tell me what it means to have numb areas - on my right leg round the knee and the upper leg there is no feeling. Like if I stuck a pin I would just feel pressure.

I also have a area on the top of my right foot with same numbness.

Thanks
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I have an area on my left leg above my knee that is what I would call a loss of sensation. I also have that with some of my toes due to diabetic neuropathy.

It is nerve damage for me. I noticed the leg problem pretty much after my first son was born by C-section, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. That was in 1979...

Wish I could be of more help to you in this. Sounds like neuropathy, but I don't know what from for you.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. PianoGirl

PianoGirl New Member

PV Lady,

Have you gone to see a doctor about this? It could be anything from a nerve that is being pinched by your vertebrae or nerve damage. How long has it been feeling like this?

I have permanent nerve damage in my left leg because of a botched back surgery in 2001. I have numbness at times and extreme sensitivity on the outer side of my leg due to a nerve that was impinged between my L4-L5 L5-S1 discs.

Don't let this go any longer. If you can have something done to relief that pressure on the nerve, you run a good chance of it not turning into something permanent. The longer you go, the worse it gets. They say that a nerve heals 1/8 of an inch every month so it takes a very long time to recover from something if it is left go.

Lis
  4. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

I've been getting this for the last 4 - 5 months - patches of numbness - face, arms, legs.

As the day progresses, the numbness turns into pain and burning.

I've been told this is part of the fibro - but only about 15 - 15% with fibro will have these symptoms.

Still best to check with your Dr tho

Take care
    Michelle
  5. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I had a nerve conduction test where they stick needles in my legs, then use some other apparatus that sends shocks throught muscles.

I will get the results from my doctor on our next appt. I have not clue why this is happening. I wonder if it could be the beginning of some disease.

After the test the numbness feels worse. I know they kept asking me if I had back pain. I don't have any back pain.

I should find out soon what my doctor says...