Numb face/pressure..help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mek918, Jul 23, 2003.

1. mek918

mek918 New Member

My FMS symptoms are usually awful neck/back pain.
    However, this is the second time since March I've gotten this awful headache, with unbearable pressure on my face. The whole right side of my face feels kind of numb (I can feel when I touch it, it's just the sensation), and it's particularly bad behind my right eye. It makes it impossible for me to work or concentrate at all. Does anyone else experience this?

I had sinus surgery in March for chronic sinus infections, and I HAVE felt better since then. I went to the ENT on Thursday bc I thought this was another sinus infection. But it's not getting better. I've had an MRI of the brain and everything is normal (last time this happened).

Is this a FM symptom? Anything help ease the pain???
  2. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

Just recently I've been experienceing a numbness in my face in conjunction with sinus pressure. It's not my whole face, just between my nose (on side of worst stuffiness) and including my upper lip. It feels like I've had a shot of novacaine. I take Ibuprofen Cold & Sinus and as soon as the sinuses open up the numbness goes away.

I'm going to try the Water Cure and sea salt that so many here recommend for sinus problems (and other FM symptoms). I really don't like to drink a lot of water, but if it will get rid of these sinus infections, I'll at least try it.

JoAnn
  3. mek918

mek918 New Member

I'm on all the prescription sinus meds - pseudoguanefesin, nasonex, antibiotics. I do saline rinses with sea salt too. It's not going away. It feels like a sinus headache - although the tingly numbness is different. But nothing is working. I thought maybe it was something else..with a different remedy.
  4. NIL

NIL New Member

I have the same problem on my left side.I was wondering why that happened. I have it on left an you on the right. That means it may not be specific to one side of the brain.I had 1 tooth taken out from the left side. I wonder if this could be the cause.Did you have teeth operation done on your right side?
  5. mek918

mek918 New Member

I haven't had any operations on my teeth. I had wisdom teeth pulled, but that was 16 years ago!
  6. bct

bct Well-Known Member

have had same feelinf on left side of face last 4 mos. and I feel it is a viral symptom. Don't know what to do about it though....
  7. mek918

mek918 New Member

My ENT said not to take my zyrtec when I might have a sinus infection. So I'm not sure what to do. Although since it's been a week and antibiotics, etc. have given me no relief, it's probably not an infection. Maybe I'll try the zyrtec again. I thought maybe migraine, but I tried Zomig and it doesn't help. When I push on my face with my fingers, it feels better. Heat helps. But I can't sit at my desk with a hot pack on my face!