Numb finger

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hidn, Oct 20, 2002.

1. Hidn

Hidn New Member

Hi everybody,
    I have a question. For the last few weeks my pinky finger on my left hand is numb. (I am right handed) I thought it was a pinched nerve, but it is not going away. It started along the outside , then the inside, now the whole tip is numb. Any ideas anybody?
    Thank you and hugs to you all
    Denise
  2. Hidn

Hidn New Member

Hi everybody,
    I have a question. For the last few weeks my pinky finger on my left hand is numb. (I am right handed) I thought it was a pinched nerve, but it is not going away. It started along the outside , then the inside, now the whole tip is numb. Any ideas anybody?
    Thank you and hugs to you all
    Denise
  3. PAT

PAT New Member

Let me know! My right big toe has been numb for months!! The severity changes; it always feels numb on the skin, but sometimes there is a deep pain inside, and other times a tingling feeling. The docs just look at me like I'm nuts. Now you tell me, what could a person possibly gain by saying that one certain toe or finger was numb! I feel crazy enough reporting the big stuff. Why would I make it worse by complaining about one toe unless it really was numb and painful?!! Gosh, I didn't intend to vent here, but one little frustrating digit can bring nothing but trouble, ya know?
    I hope you get a good answer! Patti G
  4. Hidn

Hidn New Member

Pat,
    I am sooo glad to hear someone else has the same thing!!
    I m sorry tho too. What a mes this all is isnt it?
    Thank you for your reply, I will let you know if I find out anything (except weird looks from the docs)
    Denise :)
  5. PAT

PAT New Member

I am bumping this up, because I am interested to know what more people have to say about this. I wonder if you may have a pinched nerve? Do you have any pain any place else on that arm? Patti G
  6. Hidn

Hidn New Member

Pat,
    I saw the doc yesterday , at first he thought maybe a pinched nerve but now thinks it may be a viral thing of the nerve , from either the fibro or..viral because of my immune system being bad :( It has spread and is now numb along the edge of my palm, and my ring finger, so it seems to be following the nerve . Anyway..all these are guesses (I think lol)
    I do hope some one else has some ideas :)
    I really have gained such a lot from this board. Lately I dont feel so guilty about being sick! Also not so alone, do you find that this has happened for you too?
    Thank you for bumping it up, as I said I hope someone knows something
    Denise
  7. sean

sean New Member

part of my left finger tip has been numb for sometime now, I thought it was an early sign of VWF from using power tools.
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I had my big toe numb for about three weeks, a chiropractor told me to gently 'pull' it stright out a few times a day. Well, finally I must have done it right, because it has been fine for a few months now.

As for that finger, I was recently bit by a spider (on the 24 of September) and still have three numb finger tips on my right hand (at least I am lefthanded!). I was told it takes a long time for the nerve endings to heal. The little finger is finally back to normal, but the other three are still numb. I also had the side of my hand and part of the top of the hand numb too.

Are you sure you were not bit by some insect that deadens before it kills it prey?

I am soaking my hand in Apple Cider Vinegar (thanks to Acesnanna), and it is helping a great deal. All the swelling is gone, and I can at least make a fist now, before I could not close my hand at all.

I also put vitamin E on it at night along with a cotton glove to keep it warm. I also soak it in epson salts in hot water.

I hope you find out what is the problem, it is so miserable to have numbness like this.

Shalom, Shirl
  9. clueless

clueless New Member

I am having a lot of pain in my fingers. Not numb but awfully painful In the morning I can`t close them and are made worse by using them. The rheumy. said I had some osteoarthritus in my hands and maybe that is the cause.Always something to make matters worse it seems. As for numbness my feet and legs is where I have the terrible painful numbness. Never changes.

[ advertisement ]