Numb legs?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by guinevere, Apr 14, 2003.

1. guinevere

guinevere New Member

I have had fibromyalgia and CFS for 4 years and just recently my right hand has started shaking uncontrollably, and my legs have started to go numb, is this part of the Fibromyalgia?
  2. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Read in an article that flaxseed Oil could help with this.

Will see if I can find it and post.

Love Pat
  3. Misdiagnosed

Misdiagnosed New Member

Hi

Yes, I get a numb leg, the right one is definitely the worst. It comes on as a creeping sensation that I can feel going through the fascia and it ends up with all the muscles and fascia going thick and stiff - can't stretch the leg without a pulling, restricted pain sensation.

The worst episode I've had started about 10 days ago and each day the leg seemed to be getting worse. I spent the whole weekend working deep in the muscles which were full of lumps and gelatinous bands. Now my leg is a bit freer but is covered in bruises and my hands are a mess from overworking them - my left finger barely functions until I put it in a basin of hot water every morning. Feels like the tendons aren't long enough, like they're getting stuck over the joint as I flex it.

I can lie in bed and feel the whole right side of my body has a stange thick feeling. It is so weird. The right side of my body is where this all started, then I had a really bad spasm in my right/hip psoas muscle; the tissues have never been the same since. While I am getting the same thickening on my left shin, it's nothing compared to what's happening on my right leg.

So for sure, you are not alone with your symptoms.

Regards
    Gill