Numb Tingling and Wobbly legs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SolitaryDancer, Aug 28, 2006.

1. SolitaryDancer

SolitaryDancer New Member

I have noticed that the tingling and numb sensation in my legs is increasing. Last night I over did it and my legs feel wobbly and it's like I stumble over invisible obstacles.

Is this part of Fibro?

It's very noticeable today after doing too much yesterday.

Deb
  2. SolitaryDancer

Anyone????

Deb
  3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Deb,
    This sounds more like CFIDS, to me.. which does seem to come along with Fibro.

I know in my experience, that is the case. What I've done, is to do just a few reps of one exercise: I sit in a firm chair, extend my arms out infront of me, and tilt forward, rolling into a standing position. Then I sit back down in reverse motion.

My PT taught me this, and I do it for a few minutes at a time. I can get up from a chair, now, whereas before, I couldn't.

Also, have you spoken to your Dr. about this? Have you been tested for Diabetes? There are also other things that weaken the legs. It might be good to find out , and not just assume that it is one of the DD's.

Good luck,
    Terry
  4. SolitaryDancer

Thanks Hayley. I'll search around since I don't know much about chronic myofascial pain syndrome. I am hoping against MS. But it's best to know what I'm up against.

Thanks for suggestions

Deb
  5. SolitaryDancer

Thanks Terry.

I am not diabetic. I am insulin resistant but it's handled very well with diet. My primary Doc diagnosed me with CFS two years ago.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will certainly learn more about them and ask my Rheumy next month

Deb
  6. SolitaryDancer

Thank you so much. I'll check around and learn more for my Doc visit.

Thanks again for the good stuff.

Deb
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Deb:

For me i have arthritis pretty bad. (I do not mention it on this board usually). I have gone to the point where my legs need a rest no matter where I am. I have to sit.

The tingling is from the arthritis. The back is
    around the areas controlling pain and lelg problems.

If you have arthris, I hope you have a good rhematologist who could probably diagnose your other problem with tingling.

Sorry for any misses on the bad spelling.

I am in a flare, but doing my best.

nyrofan
  8. SolitaryDancer

Hmm, yes I do have arthritis and never thought the two were related. Phew, so much to learn about. But my Rheumy is good and he's a believer in CFS and Fibro. I'll have to write all this down so I don't forget.

Hugs and feel better!!!

Deb