Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hurtsalot 2, Nov 16, 2010.

1. hurtsalot 2

hurtsalot 2 New Member

I would really like to know if anyone else feels as I do. I have Fibro and many other health issues. I want to know if anyone else has a body that feels like a sleeping foot. I mean I feel that way from head to toe. I also have my pain to deal with but this numb feeling drives me crazy sometimes. My doctor had me see a neurologist who ruled out neuropathy. What could cause this? I wish it would go away. I have felt this way for over a year now. When I first became ill just my left side of my body was numb, but now it's my whole body. Will my body ever be normal again???? Just stressed!!!! Have a great week everyone, as best as you can.
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Nope your not alone. do you have a buzzing feeling at all? even my tongue buzzes!!!

I was told its nerve pain. also can be related to circulation. ck search on here you will find a ton of posts on this

take care
  3. hurtsalot 2

hurtsalot 2 New Member

Thanks for your reply. Sorry you have to deal with this as I know it can be so irritating. However, it is good to know that someone has this feeling like me, I thought I was going crazy. Yes, I have a buzz feeling too, even my tongue. When I brush my hair it feels like I am brushing a sleeping foot. I hate this!!! Have you found anything that helps? You take care too.
  4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

You may have a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection (lyme) causing these symptoms.

Lyme is very much associated with the buzzing feeling and frequently causes neuropathy among many other symptoms such as pain and fatigue.

You really can't hope to recover until you find the root cause of your illness and treat it properly.

Please read this info:
  5. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

So many things can cause this symptom, but the fact that it started in just one side of the body, specifically the LEFT side, does make me think of Lyme disease. I get this symptom and that is my cause. Whenever I'm having a Lyme disease flare up (about every four weeks), anything and everything on my left side can have intermittent numbness. Lyme disease is found everywhere, but if you live in the Northeast it's way more likely.

I hope you have had an MRI to check for lesions?

Good luck in finding out the cause of your symptoms.
  6. coolma

coolma New Member

I am wondering if the spasms from fibro (which are body wide) are pressing on the nerves near your foot and causing the numbness? I went to a neurologist and they couldn't help me either. Calm the spasms, calm the fibro and see if it helps. Any by calming, I mean STOP, REST, HEAT, MEDS, intermittent light exercise like a walk, light massage...what helps you. If you still feel ill at ease with the results, keep after your physician until they can find the cause. They may not.