Numbness by the side of my ear? is this Fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Christinawensell, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

Is this a symptom of fibro? I have been having numbness on the side of my face near my ears. It almost feels like it has something to do with my jaw. It feels really strange. I was just wondering if I should be concerned. My mom keeps saying that could be heart related. I mentioned it to the arthritis doctor last week and she said that their is tendons there and it could possibly be from fibro. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this?
  2. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

Bumping,

Any body else????
  3. hehmommy

hehmommy New Member

Have you had any dental work done? Have your ears been bothering you at all? How about TMJ? How about burning or sharp pain. If you are having pain you should have that looked at immediately before it can get worse. My Dad had that too, but his was caused from TMJ. I wish you luck. Hopefully they can figure it out soon. I have numbness in other parts of my body and the doctor said it is probably just the Fibro. It has no pain with it though.

Trish :)
  4. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

I've had and it flares up every so often. I have a herniated disk in my neck (c5 or c6)and the numbness along the side of my head, cheek, and ear (not inside but the actual ear) and it feels super wierd. The numbness was the actual complaint I had when I went to the doctors - not any actual pain in my neck...weird huh? This is just what happens to me and it might be a direction to investigate with your doc!

Good luck...Nancy