numbness/cold painful hands

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by snelson2121, Aug 18, 2003.

1. snelson2121

snelson2121 New Member

My husband started working recently, working pretty hard and using his hands alot pulling wire, doing various kinds of electrical work. He has had numbness, pain, and even cold hands since. (His hands are nicknamed "the ovens" because they are usually so hot!) The the numbness is mostly in the thumb, forefinger, middle finger and part of the ring finger. He is the kind that won't go to the doctor, so I am trying to find out what I can. Can there be coldness with Carpal Tunnel(sp?)? Seems like a circulatory problem to me, can that be a part of C.T. Syndrome? Thanks everyone!
  2. dobbs40

dobbs40 New Member

It could be Reynaude's syndrome. I have had one or two flare-ups in my life. My hands got cold, then white and numb and would stay that way until I got inside where it was warm. I couldn't get anything out of the freezer without gloves and couldn't use cold water in the kitchen. It was finally diagnosed, and I got help by relaxation techniques. Stay cool and warm. There is also Reynaude's disease which is more serious. Some people have to have surgery where a nerve in the neck is clipped or something like that. Diagnosis is the first step. I hope I spelled it right. It has been 10 years since I had a problem with it. Good luck. Peggy
  3. sunshine64

sunshine64 New Member

Hi.
    I have Reynauds and tendonitis of my wristes and hands with all of the symptoms your hubby has. Could be a combination of both. Best advice is to seek professional advice from a doctor.
    Good luck.