Numbness cold sensations?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Luxuria, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

Hubby and I were away visiting friends 3 hours from our home on Tuesday and Wednesday. When we came back home last night my back was very sore from all the time spent in the car.

This morning and afternoon my lower back, left side especially, (the majority of my Fibro pain is located there) was hot and aching along with my legs, knees and ankles. Just now over the past half hour the hot burning areas have gone cold as if I had applied Deep Cold gel (which I do, but have not this time)

Is this common with Fibro patients? I was diagnosed in September and this is my first experience with this type of sensation.

Bekah
  2. momof471

momof471 New Member

I tend to get a numbing and cold sensation in my back and in my feet. I tried everything I could to get warm before I realized it Had something to do with the nerves. I can relate to your feeling, but I don't have any answers to help you.
  3. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I got an attack of numbness in my hands and then in my lips, then chin and then neck. I went to the ER and they called it by its Latin name "parethesia" Pair + Anesthesia (numb). They could offer me no help, but charged my insurance big time.

I then started reading about mercury toxicity. This can cause parethesia and weaken the immune system. Since you have FM/CFS, I would research it further. Get a hair analysis.

Also, take a look at Systemic Enzymes. Dr. William Wong N.D. says that enzymes dissolve fibrin blockages and scar tissue. Clean the blood and dissolve the isoprin coating on certain viruses.

My mom [71] has FM and is being helped by taking 6 enzymes tabs/day. Systemic enzymes are digestive enzymes taken on an empty stomach.
  4. shep

shep New Member

I have lived with this for about a year now. I have had fibro for about 20 years.
    I am also diabetic and have neuropathy in my lower body. My body temp. usually registers about 96.8; which is too low.
    The only way I can get relief from this "numb pain" is to soak in hot water. When ones body temp is too low there is no body heat to hold in, so wearing exta clothes or laying under blankets won't help.
    I understand what you are dealing with. I cannot tolerate cold air on my legs ..but the odd thing is my upper body feels too warm and I sweat on my head and my hair stays wet.
    I would suggest you have your doctor check you for circulation problems in your lower back and legs. I have spurs on my hips and they are blocking my circulation to my legs, and also the diabetes has caused the neuropathy..which is nerve damage to the legs and feet.
    I am sure there is something they can give you to help you..some medication or some therapy.
    God bless you,
    Shep