numbness has spread to my tongue

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ilovepink4, Nov 17, 2009.

1. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

I have mild facial numbness all the time. It was one of the first severe symtoms that drove me to the doc when I was starting to crash and burn with fibro. I also have numbness on my arms and down the back of my legs. The doc did the usual MRIs to check for MS...and didn't see anything.

Today I woke with numbness on the tip of my tongue and it hasn't gone away all day. Has anyone else had their numbness spread like this? Why would this happen? It isn't so bad that I have bit my tongue but, if it gets any worse, that will probably happen.

I have been ill for at least 7 years (diagnosed).
  2. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

This happens to me! I have M.E. as well as Lyme so I'm unsure of which to pin it on, either is likely.

Also, sometimes when I take methocarbamol/Robaxin my tongue goes numb, so be sure to rule out medicines making it worse.
  3. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i think this is probably nerve damage from the virus(es) we have.

once treatment is started (whatever and whenever that will be), i am sure its reversible.
  4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Numbness is a very common symptom of a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection, a bacterial spirochete otherwise known as Lyme.

Your fibromyalgia has a cause and it could very well be caused by this complex bacteria.

Many people on this board later found out they had Lyme...including me.

Lyme is called the New Great Imitator because it can cause symptoms that are diagnosed as MS, ALS, Parkinson's, FMS, CFS, Alzheimers, depression, bipolar disorder, autism, ADHD,etc.

99% of Dr's really know nothing about how to recognize, diagnose or treat chronic borrelia burgdorferi infections.

Most people with lyme also have other tick borne infections like babesia, bartonella, ehrlichia, etc which complicate the clinical picture.

Please look over the symptom list on pages 9-11 of this Lyme expert's guidelines.....also look at the coinfection info and symptoms on pages 22-27.........

It is VERY IMPORTANT for you to know that Lyme should NEVER be ruled out by just a negative Lyme test......yet most Dr's mistakenly do it all the time....leaving many, many people undiagnosed and suffering forever.

All the best to you.