Numbness in fingers and feet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Engel, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Engel

Engel New Member

Is anyone else with FMS & CFS experiencing numbness in their extremities? Cold and numb!
  2. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Yes, I think that is what helped my SSDI case. I see a Neurologist, I had 3 Emg's done.

The test showed neuropathy in both hands, both feet, nerve damage at c-6 & c-7.

Its not to painful to have the test done. It gave me great insight of whats going on with my health. Good luck, Sandie p.s. my feet and hands are always freezing!!
  3. Engel

Engel New Member

Hi Sandie. I had an EMG which showed carpal tunnel (bi-lateral) a couple years ago. The hands and feet have been cold sensitive for years and I became "used" to the numb fingers but now my toes are really frightening me. They have been uncontrollably turning under and tripping me!!!!! Even with shoes on! I have had a couple bad falls (luckily I hit the couch). I do have degenerative disc disease (C5-7) I think it is (neck area?). I am seeing my Rheumy 1/28/09. I have a list for him already ... lol.

I have been to a neurologist who does not believe in FMS/CFS.

Also I have been to a Neurosurgeon and had a neck MRI a couple years ago. She said I am not BAD ENOUGH YET to have surgery. How bad does it have to get???????

I had a brain scan this past September when I passed out and fell head first into closet doot and wall. Maybe that caused more problems?
    [This Message was Edited on 01/18/2009]
  4. MsE

MsE New Member

Cold toes, cold hands, tingling, and a funny feeling that isn't quite numbness, but close, in the bottom of my feet. I've been diagnosed, years ago, with carpal tunnel, but that doesn't explain the coldness, I don't think.