Numbness in hands

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bkayclark, Mar 11, 2007.

1. bkayclark

bkayclark New Member

Does anyone have numbness in your hands. I am getting so I can't eat, put on makeup, brush teeth or even type (sorry) my friend is typing tonight for me. I am now having it everyday. I also sometimes get it in my feet.
  2. blkkat

blkkat New Member

YES I GET IT EVERYDAY. IM SOORY TO HEAR YOU ALSO ARE GOING THROUGH THIS LIVEN HELL. DO YOU ALSO WAKE UP AND FIND ARMS AND LEGS ARE TOTALLY NUMB? ALSO MY LOWER BACK HURTS SO BAD AND MY LEGS FEEL LIKE SHARP/STABBING/TINGLING/COLD NUMBNESS BUZZING PAIN 24/7. NEURONTIN HELPS SOME. ALSO IT SEEMS ONE DAY THE INSIDES OF ARMS FROM SHOULDER DOWN TO THUMBS ARE THAT NUMBNESS FEELING THEN THE NEXT DAY IT WILL BE THE OUTERSIDES -SHOULDER DOWN TO BOTH LITTLE FINGERS ARE NUMB/TINGLING PAIN FEELING. TELL THAT TO YOUR DR AND SEE WHAT KIND OF LOOK YOU GET! NOT A GOOD ONE I CAN TELL YA. I GUESS WE CAN BE THE NUMB FRIENDS lol BUT THE SAD THING IS IT ISNT FUNNY! GOD BLESS- BLKKAT
  3. Crystal

Crystal New Member

last week...after ice fishing....it wasn't that cold out...then my hands felt like pins and needles for about an hour....then it got me all worked up into an anxiety attack because I thought I was having a heart attack! It went away though. Good luck with yours.
  4. wyattsmom

wyattsmom New Member

I just started getting numbness in my fingers and it really scared me. Now I am getting it in my toes, too. Is this a part of fibro?
  5. maee16

maee16 New Member

Hi, I also get numbness in my hands, fingers, feet, and other parts of legs and arms. My feet and hands also turn red ans swollen. I am on alot of medication. I do take a water retention pill when it gets bad. I wear wrist braces, not all the time or eveyday, when the numbness and swelling flares I have to put them on right away. Fibro has so many symptoms, we really deserve more respect. Hugs to you.
  6. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

arms and legs too. The 1st time it happened I was walking down the hall at the highschool I worked at during class change with a thousand students in the hallway. I suddenly realized I couldnt feel my left foot. That was scary!

I dont know about the rest of you but I hate to draw attention to myself which is hard to do now with a big black cane. I try not to let anyone know when the limbs go numb but Im always afraid I will fall and that would not be a good thing.

Suzette
  7. Febricula

Febricula New Member

For the past six months, I've been getting numbness in my legs. Lately it's also moved to my arms.

I don't have fibromyalgia, just CFS. (I do have muscle pain, but it's minimal compared to what people with FM deal with.)

I would love to learn more about the causes/treatment of the numbness. My health has otherwise been slowly improving (thanks to supplements and strict limitations on my activity), and the numbness really freaks me out!

-febricula
    [This Message was Edited on 03/15/2007]
  8. Fransmom

Fransmom New Member

I get numbness in my hands and sometimes my whole arm on the left. Mainly it's when I wake up in the morning. If I've slept on my shoulder, the hand, wrist and arm is numb. I also get tingling during the day in hands, but so far nothing in feet.

Anyone who has this should talk to their doctor about doing a neurological exam - see if you have a pinched nerve in your neck or shoulder...you could have carpal tunnel in addition to the other stuff. At least have it ruled out, 'cause there is lots that can be done to relieve symptoms if you have a pinched nerve. In solidarity with all you other numb handed people! :)

Eileen
  9. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Mine is from a neck/back problem. If you have any pain at all in your back or neck you should have it checked out. I was told it's just fibro until I insisted on x-rays. turned out to be a lot more.

Hugs
  10. dixie22

dixie22 New Member

My hands burn on and off and swell also..my left thumb is jamed and hurts alot. If I go to turn a jar lid it hurts ..its a burning pain..they go numb when I sleep as do my feet and legs..boy it s a mess isnt it!
  11. bkayclark

bkayclark New Member

I am typing this for my wife, unfortunately she has lost all use of her left hand and the pain in her arm is horrific (narcotics don't even touch the pain). She now has it starting in her right arm and feet. She falls constantly. It's not carpal tunnel and it's not a pinched nerve, that much we know. All we ever hear is it"s fibro. If she ever has something like a heart attack, I'm not sure we would even know. We are going to find a neuro doctor or someone that will listen. We may try the Mayo clinic. On top of all of this we are working with 2 lawyer teams to fight for SSD and her LTD from her employer. I am not sure how they think she can work when now she can't even feed herself.

Any advice, we are open to it.

Thanks..it's just as hard to be the family member for this horrible disease, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
  12. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

i have it in my arms, legs, feet, hands anywhere it decides to go wakes me up in the middle of the night have it during the day also I guess just another thing to contend with
  13. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

I get this too, in hands and feet. You should probably see a neurologist like I am supposed to do, right now I have bigger issues to address and then I will see him.

Have you looked into Reynauds Syndrome? My friend who has it, told me that is what I have. YOu can google it.. here is a little info to start:

Why Raynaud's phenomenon occurs is not well understood. Usually, the body conserves heat by reducing blood circulation to the extremities, particularly the hands and feet. This response uses a complex system of nerves and muscles to control blood flow through the smallest blood vessels in the skin. In people with Raynaud's phenomenon, this control system becomes too sensitive to cold and greatly reduces blood flow in the fingers. Damage to either the muscles or nerves that control blood flow may cause Raynaud's phenomenon.

Good Luck
    Hugs
    Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 03/26/2007]
  14. Chinlover

Chinlover New Member

Yes, I often wake up with numbness in my hands. It is usually in the middle of the night. So far my days are ok. I've only had my feet go numb once in awhile.
  15. wyattsmom

wyattsmom New Member

and I have it everyday also. It is now starting in my feet also....