Numbness in leg after shower

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by becc, Jul 8, 2008.

1. becc

becc New Member

Over the last week or so, for several hours after I shower, I get numbness down the outside of my right calf. It doesn't go completely numb but tingles every time I step on my right leg. When I take the weight off my right leg, the tingling disappears.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? It's only been happening for a few days and I'm not sure if it's something I should be concerned about. It may just be coincidence that I notice it after I shower but I suppose it could have something to do with the heat...?

Bec :)
  2. becc

becc New Member

3. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

Is pinching a nerve. Do you notice this after standing while not in the shower (like doing dishes, in line at store).

If not, maybe it is the combination of heat which is moving your bones and muscles (relaxing them) which is then pressing against a nerve or pinching a nerve.

It could be at the beginnings of neuropathy or just a bad postural position and stretching those muscles to keep everything is place may be all that you need.

4. becc

becc New Member

Thanks bdtmu516 and Marti. It's back again this morning and I haven't showered yet so the shower part is probably just coincidence. I think it's probably a pinched nerve but will ask my doctor :)