Numbness on my nose? What's up with that?

Discussion in 'Arthritis' started by EricaH, Mar 8, 2008.

1. EricaH

EricaH New Member

Yesterday I started getting this weird sensation across the bridge of my nose. Of course this started about 20 min after I left the rheumatology clinic! Go figure. It sort of comes and goes and it feels like the pins and needles you get when your foot or hand or something falls asleep. Has anyone else ever had that happen?

This just seems to keep gettting more and more confusing!
  2. PieDough

PieDough New Member

are you on lyrica ????????
  3. EricaH

EricaH New Member

Nope. I'm on prednisone, plaquenil and methotrexate.
  4. wadenska

wadenska New Member

Could you be getting a sinus infection?
  5. EricaH

EricaH New Member

I've had plenty of sinus infections in my life and never had this tingling feeling. But who knows with everything else going on! I sure hope it's not though, I don't want to be any more sick!!
  6. mmztcass

mmztcass New Member

cartilage area on the bridge of your nose?

I had a raised bump which was sore when my RA was flared up for awhile in the last few years. But no numbness though.

Take care... :)
  7. EricaH

EricaH New Member

The numbness goes across the bridge of my nose, where glasses would sit I suppose. So it's above the soft cartilage and sort of in the area where the hard cartilage and bone meet. I've also had a sort of creepy crawly feeling on my scalp, like if a big bug walked across my head. Fortunately (or maybe not) there are no big bugs that I have found! lol.
  8. mmztcass

mmztcass New Member

If if were me, I would take some B complex either in the 50 mg or the 100 mg. I have found much of the creepy crawling sensations to be helped when I have taken this.

If it doesn't interfere with your meds intake and it's okay with your doctor, maybe it's worth a try?

Take care... :)
  9. EricaH

EricaH New Member

When my doctor's assistant calls me back tomorrow I'll ask about the Vitamin B. Thanks!
  10. stiffnsore

stiffnsore New Member

I have Raynaud's and the Rheumy who diagnosed me said that not only can your fingers and toes go "numb and cold" - your nose and ears can, too!

11. EricaH

EricaH New Member

I haven't been diagnosed with Raynaud's but I do get numb toes and my fingers and toes are frequently cold. In other words, I haven't been diagnosed but I have several of the symptoms. I'll have to ask my doctor if that's a possibility. Thanks!