Nutri System

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Zzzsharn, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

Hi all!
    Just wondering if anyone with FM has tried the nutri system diet.

I did it in 1992 with great results- but that was before I was on a cocktail of drugs~

Thanks in advance,
    Z
    [This Message was Edited on 02/06/2006]
  2. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

About 3 years ago I started on Nutri System, and I lost 30 pounds. I liked the food ok. It went pretty fast. I think one reason I lost like I did was because I also took the cellulite treatment that was offered at the Nutri System place.

I allowed myself to gain the weight back ( my Dad passed away, and several other things happened, and I just fell off the wagon).

About a year ago, I decided I'd give it another shot. I ordered a months supply. I don't know if they have changed the indgredients or if it was just me, but it seemed to upset my tummy. I wound up giving away a bunch of expensive food.

I was on a lot of medicine when I lost the weight, and it didn't seem to have any effect.

I wish I could do it again but I hate to waste that kind of money if I can't eat the food.

Good luck,

Kinsie
    [This Message was Edited on 02/06/2006]
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I once lost 20lb by only buying those Budget Gourmet meals from freezer, plus salad, fruit and Rice cakes. The BG meals are about $1.20 eaxh and taste OK if boring after a while. Good Luck

Love Anne
  4. motomom412

motomom412 New Member

I did the Diabetes 2 food, and hated it. The food was mostly sauces with little substance. It might have been just that specific diet.

I take quite a few medicines and it didn't seem to bother me.
  5. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hi,
    Here is my experience with NutriSystem:
    I ordered their low salt food. The food was O.K., but within a couple of days my blood pressure sky rocketed. Nothing the Dr. tried to do would help bring it down, so I had to throw away the food.It took several weeks after I stopped the food, for my BP to come down.
    I went for a refund of the membership money (around $500.00), and I was denied. They told me I wasn't in the computer . Well, I was really sick, just having been diagnosed with CFIDS, and just gettng over the "crisis", so I did not sue. Now, even with being sick, I would sue, if I could.
    Good luck.
    Terry
  6. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

Interesting.. I wasn't even aware there was a fee now.. I thought you could just order the food on-line.

Thanks everyone for your input!!!

Sharon
  7. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I don't know if there is a fee now. I did this in the late 70's. I'm sure things have probably changed. I think it's is always good to be alert and prepared for eventualities, though.

Good luck,
    Terry