Nutrition Related to Illness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Oct 3, 2008.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

There is a very interesting website called women to women. On the left side of their site they list many health symptoms and discuss the cause and possible solutions.

Today I was reading there "digestive issues" are at the root of all health problems. Problems such as constipation, reflux, diarrhea etc are signs of "dysbiosis" meaning poor digestive function.

What is the cause of "dysbiosis" - POOR NUTRITION. Among other things, the doctor recommends you use a medical grade nutritional supplement drink each day. Like a protein shake with the amino acids, probiotics, etc.

In line with that, I must say - when I began using a high quality protein supplement drink each day (several months ago) my entire health began to improve.

In my case, I definitely had years of poor nutrition. (I had undiagnosed gallstones and was unable to eat much for years).

Poor nutrition can be like a domino effect. Once your body has vitamin and other deficiencies, the entire system starts going out of whack. Your hormones, digestion, etc.

Bottom line is, I am suggesting if you are having alot of symptoms of fatigue, pain, digestive problems, to think if your nutrition has been poor. They try a high quality protein drink once a day. Keep it up for a few months and see if it helps.

In my case I also added a product called "Miracle Reds" which is powdered concentrated fruits.

Before starting a daily protein drink I had all sorts of symptoms I won't go into here but they were numerous.

The protein drink I have been using is called Gold Standard. (It is such a high quality protein a baby could drink it).

[This Message was Edited on 10/03/2008]
  2. Shalome1990

Shalome1990 New Member

Do you get the protien drink from the women to women, or from the health food store? How much is it? I am sure nutrition is part of my problem.
  3. ChyC

ChyC New Member

Nutrition is so important and will give it try. Thanks for your post.

4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

No, I did not purchase any products from that website, I don't believe they even sell anything. Gold Standard is a protein drink I heard about on the radio. There are many excellent protein drinks in the health food stores - not just the brand I use.

I am just saying that it is hard to improve your nutrition, even when you are perfectly healthy. When you are sick, it becomes impossible.

I had amazing changes once I started using a protein drink once a day. Even in the books on fibro, they almost all recommend a protein drink supplement.

There are no bad side effects to improving your nutrition, just motivation.
  5. Atlanta8

Atlanta8 New Member

If you haven't already, look at Karen's "Toxic guts, Toxic body" post - there's loads on info on nutrition in there. And she recommends you getting a complete stool analysis - it's the best way to tell what you're absorbing and what you're not, also what you're lacking in - if you want to go down the nutrition route, I'd recommend you start with that :)

6. shelbo

shelbo New Member

there is a lot of good nutrition info on there...
  7. KitCat40

KitCat40 New Member

I agree with you! Diet and also staying away from stress helps alot.